Third Party Press

Can someone help ID this rifle ?? This came into my collection in a package; I know it's a Berlin Lubecker, but the 30-06 conversion has me stumped.

agentcq

With the 'decorative' stock inserts, likely a post war gun smiths conversion for hunting purposes. Likely for the US market due to the caliber and probably 'one off'.

Tiger 2 Tank

Someone re-barreled it from 7,92mm caliber to 30.06 caliber. Who knows why. Stock has been hit and is not in original condition. The bolt carrier is an early type, maybe even from a G.41 duv43. The bolt carrier will work even though it’s mismatched numbered to the rifle.

Blackpowderresearcher

Must be a new barrel (unless the barrel was bored out for a 30 caliber sleeve. Even then, I need to look at the reloading books to see the diameter of the case to see whether the chamber may be bored out. If no to both, then it's a new barrel (there were probably plenty of surplus barrels that could be fitted to another gun).

daltrey99

Must be a new barrel (unless the barrel was bored out for a 30 caliber sleeve. Even then, I need to look at the reloading books to see the diameter of the case to see whether the chamber may be bored out. If no to both, then it's a new barrel (there were probably plenty of surplus barrels that could be fitted to another gun).
I would bet a months salary that it has been rebarreled. I have one of these that I converted back to original with a NOS K43 barrel. I have one that someone rebarreled into a .270 and I rebarreled that one back to an 8mm with a used K43 barrel.

Military Rifle Journal