Third Party Press

Ce 1943 K98 non script buttplate question

bruv

I am looking at a non script CE 43 date k98. All the things match up that are supposed to except the buttplate. What should it be marked or numbered? I didn't have my camera with me but it seems it was marked by or bnz. From what I have gathered, it should have no marks, right or what? If it is incorrect, what does that do to value of an otherwise correct rifle? Any help would be much appreciated.
Dave

swjXE

I believe you're correct in saying that it shouldn't have any external markings. To me it wouldn't affect the value by much since an unmarked buttplate is so easy to find. There are two ce 43's in the picture reference that are unmarked, just be sure, before you decide to replace it, to check the Karem/Steves "Bible". I don't have mine available right now.

Last edited:

bruv

The serial numbers and date numbers were stamped inside under where the barrel sits and on the underside of the fore grip. It also had the H stamp and a faint waffen amt where they were supposed to be on the stock. The only off thing was the butt plate. Thank you for the info.
Dave

jef1911a1

The serial numbers and date numbers were stamped inside under where the barrel sits and on the underside of the fore grip. It also had the H stamp and a faint waffen amt where they were supposed to be on the stock. The only off thing was the butt plate. Thank you for the info.
Dave
Not sure all this is correct. I have a 100% matching CE 43, DD block. Buttplate is stamped BRG, with what looks like WaA 497

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal