Third Party Press

Classic cnx rg34

Scharf

Hello!

Here is some of the rifle cleaning accessories I have in my collection. Not much and quite common yet with a known provenance and everything is from the same maker. The late type kriegsmodell chain was found separately in a thrashed kit. I would like to find a CNX kit someday so that the chain could have a new home!

IMG_20211203_150411.jpg

IMG_20211203_150448.jpg

IMG_20211203_150442.jpg

IMG_20211203_150457.jpg

Thought I'd share how this kit ended up in my hands. This rg34 was picked up by a family friend at the time 1945 when the Royan pocket surrendered. The whole lot was given to my grand uncle at some point, can't tell exactly and won't have a chance, bless his soul. The rg34 came with a 98k dot43 rifle for which the stock had been shortened after ww2 to make it a hunter looking type carbine, unfortunately according to European laws I could not keep that one, a patronentasche rbnr marked, a 98k sling, 98k Spanish contract bayonet that didn't seem to have traveled to Spain and some stripper clips. Not much of a story but still I'm glad I know where it came from and to have been able save what I could.

Does the can have a stick wing eagle WaA20 on the right side of the cnx stamped lid? I can't see from the pics. Thanks .....

Military Rifle Journal
Back