Third Party Press

Czech post war k98 issues

shberfet

I have a very nice k98 made by the Czechs after the war, and it seems in really good condition for all the important bits (great bore, most bluing still there) but the extractor gets caught on the breach every time a round is pushed in. It seems like the extractor gets pushed up for some reason. I have to manually align the extractor most times to get it to fit.

Pictures of the issue:
IMG_6247.jpg

IMG_6248.jpg

gun tax:
IMG_6250.jpg

Thanks for any help!
(if this is the wrong forum plz let me know)

GEM

Looks like the leg of the extractor that rides in the grove of the bolt is bent so it binds. I’d try another extractor.

Agree that the tip of the bearing surface that rides in the extractor groove is deformed. I am pretty sure that this is easily repaired by polishing the burr down to the major extractor surface. Gently working the piece on a whetstone or 320 grit wet-or-dry paper on a flat surface should do the job. Remove the extractor from the bolt so as to not inadvertently damage any bolt surface. And you can always fall back on getting a new extractor.

CLG

Also a piece has already broken off, you can see the crystallized metal and what looks like a crack. Definitely try bending it, but I think you would be far better off with a new one. Easy to find and not expensive. Try for an original tho, I don’t think much of the new ones being sold.

CLG

Looks like the leg of the extractor that rides in the grove of the bolt is bent so it binds. I’d try another extractor.

Military Rifle Journal