Third Party Press

Fake Legacy stuff

RyanE

Baby Face
Staff member

So much wrong here.

Don't have it in hand of course, but pretty sure the Kl.1933 is a fake. Its a Sächsische Polizei (or Schutzpolizei) Leipzig gun that had the dates ground off and Kl.1933 added. Poorly refinished (maybe even cold blued) based on the color. The cancelled markings are for Sächsische Landessicherheitspolizei, an early name for the Sachsen police. Of course, all the experts agree its a "concentration camp gun". Does no one read the Gortz/Sturgess book???

Some one paid 3850 for it: https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/rare dwm luger - ki marked.html

The SS gun is a laughable, obvious fake. The holster is even worse.

RyanE

Baby Face
Staff member
All of the SS crap he shows is fake (except the K/Skull), but this is a new one to me. The # skull.

Attachments

• FAke SS1_01.JPG
    FAke SS1_01.JPG
    295.6 KB · Views: 71

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
And people look up to his Luger knowledge. Absolute crime to sell those as legitimate.

mauser1908

The larger the Skull and Bones, the higher the SS Officer. From the size of this one, this pistol obviously belonged to Heinrich Himmler himself, presented as a token of his esteem by Herr Hitler himself, and I wouldn't take less than half a million for it.
I would pay a few extra thousand just to get that brilliant wax pencil shading. Maybe he used an airbrush?

Gringo

A couple of other pistols for comparison. I believe all of them had the dates ground off of them if they were there to begin with, and were refinished as part of whatever rework they were going through. Kinda tough to say if the KI. & date were added to the Legacy pistol, but the coloring there looks dubious. Doubt if we'll ever know who really reworked them.
2.jpg
1.jpg

3.png4.jpg

RyanE

Baby Face
Staff member
Kinda tough to say if the KI. & date were added to the Legacy pistol, but the coloring there looks dubious. Doubt if we'll ever know who really reworked them.
Nah, we know. HZa Kassel. These are usually, but not always, builds using leftover Imperial depot spares. Some reworks in there though.

The Legacy pistol is a 1920s police pistol and it is unlikely it would have been used by Kassel. They would have at least removed the sear safety. It's a fake, and the bad refinishing job makes that clear IMO.

RyanE

Baby Face
Staff member
The fake SS has now landed on the site if you want to see it in detail.

Gringo

Nah, we know. HZa Kassel. These are usually, but not always, builds using leftover Imperial depot spares. Some reworks in there though.

The Legacy pistol is a 1920s police pistol and it is unlikely it would have been used by Kassel. They would have at least removed the sear safety. It's a fake, and the bad refinishing job makes that clear IMO.

Good point about the sear safety. I completely overlooked that and I agree, it most likely would have been removed during rework.

Military Rifle Journal