Third Party Press

Family Gebr. Heller. Marienthal bei Schweina. Thueringen

k98bayonet-jtns

Family Gebr. Heller. Marienthal bei Schweina. Thueringen.

From left :
S.178K (1934) - S.178G (1935) - S.178 (1937) - Gebr. Heller (1938) - Gebr. Heller (1939) and Gebr. Heller (1940)
All six are matching number and unsharpened blade. Very nice Sg 1884/98 III bayonets
I'm missing it from 1936 but it will probably show up one fine day

Attachments

• alle.JPG
    alle.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 44
  • alle2.JPG
    alle2.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 43
  • alle3.JPG
    alle3.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 53
  • seks2.JPG
    seks2.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 69
  • seks.JPG
    seks.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 52
Very nice family. I have a 1937 GEBR. HELLER, matching serial 5015 c, not sharpened, in very good condition. I have only one example though. The only "family" I have is three Mundlos, 1936 S/244, 1940 MUNDLOS, 1943 ab, all of which are matching and no sharpening. I have frogs for all of my bayonets, but I do not have a white one like you do. Very nice. Thank you for sharing your "family" with us.

Excellent Gebr.Heller collection. To fully complete as mentioned by Grimlin You need a S178,36 and a Gebr.Heller 37 dated.

Last edited:
Very nice family. I have a 1937 GEBR. HELLER, matching serial 5015 c, not sharpened, in very good condition. I have only one example though. The only "family" I have is three Mundlos, 1936 S/244, 1940 MUNDLOS, 1943 ab, all of which are matching and no sharpening. I have frogs for all of my bayonets, but I do not have a white one like you do. Very nice. Thank you for sharing your "family" with us.

Yes is a very nice family but still missing this from 1936. Thank you

Very nice raft of Hellers you have. Do you collect the Heller S84/98nA as well? Produced during 1915 - '17 in several variations. Also noted the eagle WaA stamped on the face of the frog hanging hook of the 1937. Interesting feature .....

Very nice set! Some of those blades have wonderful color and finish still. Thanks for sharing!

I only need it from 1936 and have it from 1937 in the collection ...

Hi,

Very nice bayonets !!
Yes, they miss two : S/178 36 and Gebr.Heller 37.....

Regards

Thank U ..
Yes I still miss only One and this is that's it from 1936 (S.178 1936) .. I can see yours S.178 from 1936 - Are you going to sell it?
Regards
jtns

Thank U

Very nice raft of Hellers you have. Do you collect the Heller S84/98nA as well? Produced during 1915 - '17 in several variations. Also noted the eagle WaA stamped on the face of the frog hanging hook of the 1937. Interesting feature .....

Yes I collect this family Gebr. Heller, Marienthal bei Schweina. Thueringen (and more slightly more unusual bayonets)
I have a pair from 1916 and 1917, one is a sawback, they are both from Gebr. Heller, Marienthal and both are with their original scabbard. Yes, the one from 1937 has a WaA stamp on the frog stud and you don't see that very often

Attachments

• beggeto3.JPG
    beggeto3.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 14
  • beggeto4.JPG
    beggeto4.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 13
  • beggeto5.JPG
    beggeto5.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 8
  • saw.JPG
    saw.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 10
  • uden.JPG
    uden.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 13
Thank U

Very nice set! Some of those blades have wonderful color and finish still. Thanks for sharing!

I also think they are some nice sets from the same manufacturer, I am also happy to have found them in such good condition, even the blade is very nice on them all ...

Thank U ..
Yes I still miss only One and this is that's it from 1936 (S.178 1936) .. I can see yours S.178 from 1936 - Are you going to sell it?
Regards jtns

hI

1937 two markings: S/code and manufacturer's name.

So this "GEBR HELLER 37" marking is also missing if you want to complete the family.

Sorry man, my collection is not for sale.... :laugh: :bump2:

B.regards

Last edited:

hI

1937 two markings: S/code and manufacturer's name.

So this "GEBR HELLER 37" marking is also missing if you want to complete the family.

Sorry man, my collection is not for sale.... :laugh: :bump2:

B.regards

Yes, that's right, clear when the S code ends in 1937 and from there the manufacturer's name starts, then I'm missing two .. I can well understand that :biggrin1:
it does not hurt to ask, I'll probably find these 2 :thumbsup:

Regards

I am sure you will find the ones you need. Correct me if I am wrong but, it would seem being in Europe, there would be more bayonets available to find. I know in the States certain codes/years/makers are hard to find,if at all. I have found a couple of rare S84/98 III bayonets, one went into a fellow forum members collection. The other was in relic/bubba condition and too far gone. I was going to stop collecting S84/98 III`s as soon as I got one example for each year 1934 to 1944 (figured a `45 would be unobtainable). Reached that goal but still hunt them and pick one up on occasion. Good luck with your quest. keep us posted.

I am sure you will find the ones you need. Correct me if I am wrong but, it would seem being in Europe, there would be more bayonets available to find. I know in the States certain codes/years/makers are hard to find,if at all. I have found a couple of rare S84/98 III bayonets, one went into a fellow forum members collection. The other was in relic/bubba condition and too far gone. I was going to stop collecting S84/98 III`s as soon as I got one example for each year 1934 to 1944 (figured a `45 would be unobtainable). Reached that goal but still hunt them and pick one up on occasion. Good luck with your quest. keep us posted.

I had a lot of fun collecting S84/98 III Bayonets. Finding the certain dates and manufactures, the search never ends. I was collecting surplus rifles but the prices kept going up and up and being in college I could not afford nor had the desire to drop a lot of money on a rifle. That being said, I could find S84/98 bayonets fairly cheap and I was able to collect on a budget.

I am sure you will find the ones you need. Correct me if I am wrong but, it would seem being in Europe, there would be more bayonets available to find. I know in the States certain codes/years/makers are hard to find, if at all.

In my experience the USA is the best source for the S84/98. These bayonets were brought home in the hundreds of thousands by insatiable souvenir hunting GIs. And the best condition pieces are often found here also as many examples in Europe seem to have been used as tools or otherwise with heavy wear. I'm familiar with a number of European collectors who have acquired their best pieces from the US and observations at the SOS and other big shows would seem to support this theory as well. Hundreds of bayonets depart the US headed back to Europe every February. My thoughts only .....

Military Rifle Journal
Back