Third Party Press

G43 barn find shitshow

Joseph Burke

G43 barn find shitshow
Listing was posted yesterday. Looked like a nice un-messed with rifle in the original images.....until he decided to cleans upon it.

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 8.47.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-24 at 8.47.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-24 at 8.47.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-24 at 8.47.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-24 at 8.47.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-24 at 8.47.54 PM.png

I guess the silver lining here is that he just increased the value of G/K43s that haven't had a freaking wire brush and SOS pad taken to them...

You know, I have noticed that my local board is often a place where folks list crappy (particularly German) (non)collectible firearms at high prices and try to hoodwink local folks into thinking that what they have is really something special and collectible. There have been other examples on there right in the last month or so...particularly K98s and Lugers. They would not DREAM of showing up here to peddle their junk. That is another reason why forums like this are SO valuable (particularly to neophytes like me). You guys don't let folks like this get away with the crap that they pull every day on honest, but ignorant, folks just looking for something special. I have an even greater appreciation for this and other collectors' forums like this. Good job!

God damnit, now that pains me. Firstly you see the before and after of the sort of fuckup that you normally just see the end result, secondly you get to realize that this happened in 2023 AD and not in the distant past. Seeing this made me do the flouride stare at the screen for a solid minute.

God damnit, now that pains me. Firstly you see the before and after of the sort of fuckup that you normally just see the end result, secondly you get to realize that this happened in 2023 AD and not in the distant past. Seeing this made me do the flouride stare at the screen for a solid minute.
it's still available too. It's all ruined in my opinion to include the stock that he decided to "clean". Yes, the pain is real.

Again "never fails" strikes again! So many out there gotta screw with em to make it "look better" never realizing they are ruining something of extreme value. Just doesn't apply to guns either.

Military Rifle Journal
Back