Third Party Press

German modified VZ.24

Rutche

Hello all,

I picked up this rifle from my FFL today, a moderately modified German capture VZ24 with Depot stamp on the grip Looks like eagle/SU 2(?) not sure of last number.
It seems as though the date was stamped upside with the Lion
The bolt is not matching unfortunately, not sure if that was common or not.
The bolt takedown in the stock features an Eagle/37 stamp.
The Side swivel was plugged.
It has the number 10 on the grip not sure what it's for, or if its Czech or German
It also has some sort of initials in the stock looks like "Sik"
Anyway, here are the photos:

Screenshot 2022-09-26 165527 (Small).pngScreenshot 2022-09-26 165553.png

IMG_0301.jpgIMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0303.jpgIMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpgIMG_0311.jpgIMG_0306.jpgIMG_0307.jpg
IMG_0309.jpgIMG_0310.jpgIMG_0312.jpg

flynaked

Repo Field Gear Collector
Beautiful and interesting example. I feel like these are almost always bolt m/m, it’s definitely tough to find a matching example. The bolt is also a German mod bolt, I also see a lot with 98k bolts in them too.

RyanE

Baby Face
Staff member
Tough to find these depot marked. Yours is Su27 (Spandau). Most Spandau reworks have another depot stamp on the side also. Su17 or 19 maybe.

Rutche

Interestingly enough there is a stamp on the side, but I can't read it at all unfortunately.
IMG-0314.JPG
There is also a number 3 on the right side of the receiver. Not sure if its Czech or German
IMG-0315.jpg

AndyB

Hard to say the 3 is CS, more real done postwar, the buttstock was reserialed evidently, the bolt is different not from this rifle and was mixed probably. Anyway nice condition rifle. Sik could be name of the owner? even not typical by CS teritorry, more typical for capturing or by Partisans in Yugoslavia.

RyanE

Baby Face
Staff member
Interestingly enough there is a stamp on the side, but I can't read it at all unfortunately.

There is also a number 3 on the right side of the receiver. Not sure if its Czech or German
Yes, that is the second Spandau inspection. Su19 probably.

The 3 is possibly a Spandau assembly number. If you disassemble the rifle, you might find 3 stamped in a few places.

Attachments

• Stock Depot_01.jpg
    Stock Depot_01.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 21

Rutche

Interesting, thank you Ryan and Andy. Any idea about the 10 stamp on the wrist?

Last edited:

Rutche

Hello all, I was finally able to disassemble it after getting the proper screwdriver bits.
I have a picture of the inside stock barrel channel. Are there any other pictures that would be helpful in any way?

IMG-0410.jpg

Military Rifle Journal