Third Party Press

gxy 1944 sling marking, fake?

swjXE

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313555167773?hash=item4901582a1d:g:mSgAAOSw131guqs2

Interested in a good original sling;however, to me this one is throwing red flags. Can anyone tell me if this is indeed marked correctly. My understanding in 1944 most were either unmarked, RAO, or just 44. I know gxf was a maker of multiple contracts, such as ammo pouches etc... just trying to get thoughts. Thanks!

The sling frosch is a fake, and I'd be careful with this guy for how many complaints he has for so few sales.
:facepalm::faint:

stewartb

I Did not pay that much attention to the leather, but looking at his other slings listed I'd say all have fake stamps with maker and date. Font and size does not match original markings.

Bret

swjXE

I Did not pay that much attention to the leather, but looking at his other slings listed I'd say all have fake stamps with maker and date. Font and size does not match original markings.

Bret

See that Bret, You didn't need anyone else for an opinion.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Muncher 1953

the sling looks plausible at least, but the leather of the tab looks too clean, & depth of stamp mark too great. “Normally” a stamped mark will decompress somewhat over the decades, still visible in most cases, but shallower than when first marked........& the mark itself will gather dirt in the depressed areas.

Military Rifle Journal