Third Party Press

Hello From Minnesota

Good evening! I recently joined and wanted to say hi. I have lurked here for a couple years on and off but never joined.

I spend most of my time over at the 1919 forum (same user name) and I am sure there are some of the same members here as there are there.

Anyway, I own on K98 that is all matching numbers minus the rear butt plate, non import marked. (Came from the gun shop I worked at at the time and they got it from the local Sheriffs Office when they sold old guns to make room in their vault, so it had been in there for probably thirty or more years.)

I own another K98 with some stamping left but most have been scrubbed and has been re-stamped with the Serbian crest. This rifle shoots like a dream and is one of my favorites.

I reload a lot but one of my favorites to reload is 8mm, and I get a huge kick out of making 8mm brass from .270 Win, .280 Rem, .25-06, and .30-06 blanks.

Welcome! Where in MN are you? My youngest is in Microbiology at U of M in Minneapolis.

Welcome from Ga. Please post some pictures of your k98’s in the appropriate sub forum.

Welcome from Ga. Please post some pictures of your k98’s in the appropriate sub forum.
Yea I will make sure to do that. I have the Serb capture one in front of me, the other one is out at the family farm. I’ll try to grab some photos of it tomorrow. Headed in to town to pick up a semi auto MG13 that I bought from Midwest Metal

Military Rifle Journal
Back