Third Party Press

HK 11994 resurfaces with "matching" mag

RyanE

Baby Face
Staff member
11994 was originally sold by Simpson fairly recently, but it has resurfaced at Legacy now with a "matching" mag. IMO, I don't think these weird 119XX range 1940s are good, so maybe the owner read my posts and dumped it. :LOL:

Not a particularly good effort on the fake mag, but still. "Matching" mag was in fact added by Legacy themselves, and no where do they state its obviously bad.

Here is its original listing on Simpsons:
It had a non-matching (and fake) HK mag, but it looks like the mag came from the same fraudster. Same font, same screw-ups.

In even worse news, Tom has confirmed he is writing a book on these HK guns.

For search purposes: P.08 P08

SOLD - Minty 1940 Krieghoff Luger - Matching Magazine​

Serial 11994

Like magic. Screenshots so this fraud is memorialized. I’m not a P.08 guy but the thing looks like a pimpshined and wankpolished up humpjob anyway, before the humped up mag was added and the price jacked up another grand for a quick turn. It would be easy to nail the humper as there will be a record book paper trail from the buyer from Simpson to the seller to Legacy. Whomever got their booty rooted on the “matching mag” should get their money back, lest their lawyer start subpoenaing records. Is there a middle man between Simpson and Legacy?

Attachments

• 8E8A2050-780A-46BE-A8BB-6DDDFDFE17EB.png
    8E8A2050-780A-46BE-A8BB-6DDDFDFE17EB.png
    553.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 8B0D1DAA-2E77-4CED-B32D-144BB9D4F33A.jpeg
    8B0D1DAA-2E77-4CED-B32D-144BB9D4F33A.jpeg
    228.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 2BE641F3-CD18-44B6-9425-490B7F440378.jpeg
    2BE641F3-CD18-44B6-9425-490B7F440378.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 68
  • A135E86C-764D-4451-A723-62E7DC5C40C4.jpeg
    A135E86C-764D-4451-A723-62E7DC5C40C4.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 61
  • C44107A3-6735-4492-BB18-FD0EC6AC58A2.jpeg
    C44107A3-6735-4492-BB18-FD0EC6AC58A2.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 55
Tom actually filmed this Luger a week and a half ago. Claims he bought the fake "matching" magazine years ago. Maybe, but very convenient. You can tell he knows its bad.

That’s such incredible bullshite. I don’t know if it is more disturbing that there are actually people that stupid who would believe it, or that he thinks something like that would fly. Then again, given chain of custody that’s the best bullshite he can muster given the facts. All my humble opinions of course.

Very interesting! I saw that pistol get listed at Legacy and it sold fast. The mag does look a bit fishy but so many collectors think Legacy walks on water. They do seem to have a good rep and offer a no questions asked return policy as does Simpson's. I have dealt with both in the past with no trouble, but mistakes do happen and those that buy from dealers need to research and educate themselves to keep from getting burned. I for one am always suspicious of a claim of a matching mag, I would need to have it in hand to physically inspect it to determine if its legit even then I wouldn't bet my life on it as they are so easily faked!

Krieghoffs are a field of shoe mines. I can see a faker making a mag to match a reported pistol, in the hopes of eventually "matching them up",. Of the reported examples, a ridiculous percentage have matched magazines.

Sorry, I don’t share the love. Certainly if someone was bringing that level of bullshit at me I would first be antagonized at the arrogance of it, then I would be amused and that’s where the disassembly would start. You couldn’t pick a jury stupid enough to buy that. You guys honestly believe that “matching” (it’s humped) magazine was found “five years ago” and then he found the $8k pistol, then it was a miraculous “orphan reunion”, got a $1k+ markup, and then sold? Yes, people win the powerball. Yes, people are struck by lightning. But no, powerball winners aren’t then struck by lightning.

This is why I quit doing big shows long ago. I’d rather go watch some quality stand up comedy and get my drink on. The love affair with this guy is from trinket whores who crave the endorphin rush of scoring that “confirmed” “rare and original with matching magazine!” “vet bringback”. These are all of course just my humble opinions.

I saw tom at the show this year at the KY show. Its funny he kind of has a following, he like a celebrity gun dealer or something LOL.
when I was there looking at his stuff there was a long line waiting to talk to this dude.

My opinions: It's like lawyers with billboards and tv commercials. There are people who like that, who think that those things substantively reflect competence. People in professions and trades who are good at what they do, have integrity, and treat people right are invariably too busy to advertise. My personal opinion is that issues such as this Luger disqualify one from exspurt status. That is because you either don't know as much as you profess to know or are engaged in fraud. Long lines waiting to see someone over a YouTube channel is, again, why I don't do major shows. I'd likely puke up a little of my steak and alcohol from the night before, and a bit of the breakfast buffet watching such an NPC parade. All just my humble opinions of course.

Kind of reminds me of that Dave Buehn guy in Huntington Beach Ca.

He deals in "rare" Colt and S&W pistols with highly desirable markings.

I remember one - a Victory Model, I think it was - that had a very rare WW2 U.S. Coast Guard marking, as I recall.

Problem was, the previous owner of the gun brought up the proven and documented fact that when he owned that pistol and sold it to Dave, there was no Coast Guard marking on it.

I remember another example where someone else had a pristine and all matching example of an early Colt Single Action Army for sale. Only problem was, when he bought the gun it was just a bare frame with no other parts.

Can you imagine what a stroke of luck that must have been, to stumble on all the original, correct, mint condition, matching parts for that gun?

I

I'm sure there is some complex and highly technical process that could be used to verify the mag as genuine and allow a "Certificate of Authenticity" to be issued for it.

I'm thinking specialized medical and scientific equipment like a speculum, disco ball with strobe lights, and a Ouija Board would be what is called for here.

Don't forget the DeLorean to get that magazine....

tenor.gif

I

I'm sure there is some complex and highly technical process that could be used to verify the mag as genuine and allow a "Certificate of Authenticity" to be issued for it.

I'm thinking specialized medical and scientific equipment like a speculum, disco ball with strobe lights, and a Ouija Board would be what is called for here.

You aren't far off the mark. It may use the same invisible ink technology as seen on this "authenticated" Nazi belt buckle gun.

Military Rifle Journal
Back