Third Party Press

Little help?

R.W. Parker

Might any of you guys have advice on how a lo-tech guy (me!) might purchase a copy of Bruno’s “145 German Smallbore Training Rifles”?

My wife tried to use PayPal to order a copy for me, but that quickly turned to watery sh*t. PayPal initially indicated that the transaction went smooth, but then (inexplicably) canceled payment to Bruno. She subsequently had to go round and round with PayPal, as they decided to keep our money anyway.

After PayPal canceled on Bruno, he emailed my wife and suggested that payment be sent directly to his account. I took his account information over to my credit union, and the Millennial Man-Toddler there looked at me like I had two heads. “I’ll have to check with my supervisor”, he said. Long story short, they wanted forty bucks to wire the money to France.

This would be decidedly easier if there were a stateside source for his book.

Richie

I paypaled Bruno the money via Paypal Friends and Family and had no issues. Book was a little slow getting here, but typical because of COVID. Why won't paypal return your money, what is their excuse?

I paypaled Bruno the money via Paypal Friends and Family and had no issues. Book was a little slow getting here, but typical because of COVID. Why won't paypal return your money, what is their excuse?

I have no clue, Wreck. They eventually did, but getting them to do so was like getting a root canal, apparently.

Needless to say, we're done with PayPal...

Richie

if you send it to the wrong email or one that doesn't exist it takes about a week for the money to show back up... they wont take it or keep it... I have done that by accident :facepalm:

always double check and send it via gift friends and family.. Look on ebay sometimes book sellers list books there.

Thats a good idea, he should list them on eBay... Would be a lot easier on everyone.

Richie... its a great book and a must have for a collector of trainers.. lots of stuff in there that you won't see anywhere else.

Thats a good idea, he should list them on eBay... Would be a lot easier on everyone.

Richie... its a great book and a must have for a collector of trainers.. lots of stuff in there that you won't see anywhere else.

I know it Wreck, I got that impression from the pages shown on his website. I already have Mauser Smallbores and Simpson's book, so this one was a must-have.

BTW, I sent you a PM.

Richie

Military Rifle Journal
Back