Third Party Press

Modified VZ24 with funky proof, What Do I have?

alnukem

Hi & thanks. I have worked at a gun shop for 42 years, really my only job as a adult. I started gathering up the guns I had scattered around diffirent places to let me enjoy them more. My current quest is to get slings for my old militarys. I have probably had this rifle 20 or 25 years. I know it is a VZ24 with a reworked stock, I have seen a lot of those over the years, what are they? I bought it because I could afford it, unlike 98K's & it had a wonderful bore. And, as I was looking this over I noticed a proof mark in the stock, maybe it's my imagination...but what is that proof? Thanks, & please explain the wrist sling swivel deletion. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0186 (1).jpg
    IMG_0186 (1).jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0189 (1).jpg
    IMG_0189 (1).jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0190 (1).jpg
    IMG_0190 (1).jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 70
The metall receiver plus barell is for earlier production 1931 accepted, anyway the area of stock is blurred or sanded in area of addition proof, normally the buttstock should be matched with metall.

The bolt matches the receiver. The stock has been sanded & a finish applied. I received it without the butt swivel & buttplate, it was probably lost when they did the sanding.

Military Rifle Journal
Back