Third Party Press

Need help identifying Bayonet

The 945 code was the early code for the german designated Brun I factory. Also known as "dot". It fits many rifles, but I believe it was original designated a bayonet for the G.33/40 mountain rifle. Either that or the g.24(t).

Neat bayonet.

John.

This Vz.24 bayonet was delivered to Romania, even marked 945 which should be normally used by germans,a large bunch were sent to Romania in 1939/40 period. Scabbard has a typical repair already done in Romania, same as the grips are replacements, from side of hook should be serial number. Same as on pommel should be origin romanian serial number with ?R xxxx form. Frog is not proper yugoslavian M48. between grips could be CM romanian acceptance military proof.

Looks like a german S84/98 bayonet made by Mundlos, rusted on handle, the blade was preserved with missmatch scabbard, date should be on spine of blade 39 or 40? WaA243 is correct proof for Mundlos. Scabbard was made by Hoerster. the frog looks like correct one.

Wygląda jak niemiecki bagnet S84/98 produkcji Mundlos, zardzewiały na rękojeści, głownia zachowana z niedopasowaną pochwą, data powinna być na grzbiecie głowni 39 czy 40? WaA243 jest poprawnym dowodem dla Mundlos. Pochwa została wykonana przez Hoerstera. żaba wygląda jak poprawna.

Does the number 001 of the vagina indicate that it is manufactured first
The 001 you are seeing is a serial number (or part of it, there may be a number in front of 001) stamped on the scabbard. The S84/98 III bayonets that were issued to the Wehrmacht had matching serial numbers and maker marks on the bayonet and scabbard. Your bayonet is not matching. Your bayonet, made by Mundlos, is serial numbered 3148 a, and the scabbard is serial numbered with (maybe a number that is obscured) 001. The maker of the scabbard is , E.u.F Horster, which is stamped on the reverse side.
mundlos40g.jpgmundlos40i.jpg

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back