Third Party Press

need help with identifying

hi all, im working on a friends mauser, he bent the extractor which was oddly short.... 3.5 inch range its chambered in 30-06 and only a serial number ill be posting pics of the receiver and bolt. im trying to find a replacement extractor for him. i purchased one at a gun show and it did not fit the bolt face, pics are too large, if any one is willing i can send the pics to a personal email

thanks for all the help

Sean

Muncher 1953

hi all, im working on a friends mauser, he bent the extractor which was oddly short.... 3.5 inch range its chambered in 30-06 and only a serial number ill be posting pics of the receiver and bolt. im trying to find a replacement extractor for him. i purchased one at a gun show and it did not fit the bolt face, pics are too large, if any one is willing i can send the pics to a personal email

thanks for all the help

Sean
pics need to be resized below 1mb to load on the forum. It’s possible the ‘short’ extractor is from an intermediate or short action “Mauser” ( a ‘regular’ model 98 is a ‘long’ action, trigger guard bolt spacing just under 8-7/8ths” ) “Generally speaking” the extractor length is not caliber specific, & thus not related directly to the chambering.
HTH,

Military Rifle Journal