Third Party Press

Period Pics- Vz.24 and G.24(t) in use

These are the ones I found trawling archives. If they have already been shown, I apologise.

The one titled Vz-24 training photo with the large building in the background has been shown before. Not a biggie, but it is a vz23, not a vz24.

Interesting the inconsistancy of having the sight protector installed. Im also surprised at the lack of cleaning rods installed also.

Another pic:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2n16d8w.jpg
    2n16d8w.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 397
  • BUF538~1.JPG
    BUF538~1.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
A neat one I stumbled across: men of the Ukrainian 14th SS all armed with what appear to be modified vz24s. The modifications seem to be consistent from rifle to rifle.

Attachments

• UkSS vz24.jpg
    UkSS vz24.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 205
barraks full of vz24's

here they are all lined up ready for use.. Helmets all apear to be transitional type.

Attachments

• post-1464-13107627543236_thumb.jpg
    post-1464-13107627543236_thumb.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 148
The KM could hold a polish carbine probably, the bolt looks like bented down and the sling goes to back of buttstock, by VZ24 it would be started in higher position? but from this picture is hard to determine.

VZ24's or G24(t)'s @ rest.....

VZ24 or G24t relaxing.jpg

Here is my contribution. This is a postcard/pic I have in my collection. Don't know any more than that. Nothing written on the back.

I believe these are vz24 rifles as well pretty neat showing the sling modifications to the stock too. Back of the picture is dated 1942

20210613_154041.jpg

Check out the one on the far right: It has the residual rear sling attachment that had the loop removed and the rest milled off. I used to have a couple examples like that.

Pat

Great period photos! I've seen this thread many times and just today noticed one of the original photos posted looks like a Polish Wz29 rather than a Vz24. Look at stock sling bar on the left rifle in the photo. The other rifle seems to lack the sling bar and might be a Vz24, or maybe a K98k? Hard to tell in the photo...

Vz24 German use period pic.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a photo from my personal collection. Sorry about the flash in the center, (It's late at night and I couldn't get any better lighting for the whole picture). Mixture of some VZ.24's/Early K98's in this photo. (Not sure when/where this was taken, photo just has some Russian markings on the back of it)

1623905586_tmp_IMG_3898__1_.jpg

Another neat picture when it bought it this picture was listed as "Coastal Artillery Troops" back of the picture also has some writing too. Small tear in the picture but still very cool.

Soldiers with vz24 carbines.jpg

back of vz24 picture.jpg

Reactions: Pat
Are these Polish bayonets?
"links mein Zugführer, rechts ein Gefreiter" =
"on the left my platoon leader, on the right a corporal"

Military Rifle Journal
Back