Third Party Press

PTR44 Semi-Auto MP44

I have a quote for new made barrels from a top of the line manufacturer, minimum order is 10 and I am not sure it is worth me investing the money by myself.
If I end up getting a kit I might be open to buying plural number of barrels so I can not mind wearing out one barrel.

I have a quote for new made barrels from a top of the line manufacturer, minimum order is 10 and I am not sure it is worth me investing the money by myself.
Definitely interested in a barrel - need one to finish my build. I tried getting one from Recon Ordnance, but the price went >$500 while the previous four that sold were between ~$300-$350.

I tried getting one from Recon Ordnance, but the price went >$500 while the previous four that sold were between ~$300-$350.
This is a thing and I believe some of the barrel makers are fueling this. Happening with Galil barrels among others. Why make a thousand and sell them for 79, 99 or 119 when you can 'release' 10 or 25 and sell them for 300 or 500?

I think Jery knows DK doesn't have barrels for the kits so it's supply and demand. He's in a good spot to make back his money. I bought some 922r parts. One week was 110.00 then the last time I talked to him he was blowing the parts out at 55.00.

I'm also interested in a barrel. Looked like a bidding war the last 15 minutes on Jerry's gb auction, obviouslythe buyer wanted that more than us. This is an intimidating project looking at some of the variables involved to complete. I've seen references to have Pete do the build but he hasn't been on here since 2020.

Last edited:
I was wondering about Pete also. If someone knows and doesn't want to post here please DM me.
I was going to give him a call as well, once I actually get everything together. I don't really know of anyone else, other than maybe Lewman arms... I know they've done good re-builds of saw cut kits., but they seem really busy with their new shop.

I called Pete to do my build, he’s about a year out on being able to take on a new project. We left it as he’ll call me when he’s ready to do it. He’s got a lot going on it sounds like.

I wanted to use Pete but I lost his number and email when my computer crashed. Did find his address. I tried Lewman Arms and so far the first 2 MP44s he did for me look fantastic. You can't tell where they were cut. They were saw cut kits. I used Jerry's hammer, trigger and disconnector for some of the 922r parts. The guns function perfectly. Semi of course. Lewman arms are working on 5 more of my projects. As soon as Tor gets out os stock parts back in stock I'll send the BD44 parts in to be built.

I wanted to use Pete but I lost his number and email when my computer crashed. Did find his address. I tried Lewman Arms and so far the first 2 MP44s he did for me look fantastic. You can't tell where they were cut. They were saw cut kits. I used Jerry's hammer, trigger and disconnector for some of the 922r parts. The guns function perfectly. Semi of course. Lewman arms are working on 5 more of my projects. As soon as Tor gets out os stock parts back in stock I'll send the BD44 parts in to be built.
What parts are you looking for?

Hi Tor, I'm waiting on small pin kit for my BD 44 kit. I did contact you and you said they were on order. Are anymore bolts coming in?

Just out of curiosity, of anyone who has had a BD44 or MP44 kit built, who did you use, how much did it cost, and what was the time frame for completion?

Me, and I'm afraid to look, and I'm not done yet. Just bought the trigger and sear from DK. I will use them for patterns to make from 4140.

I just sent my SOT a BD44 kit. He said it will take 3-4 months to complete. One thing my SOT noticed the german WWII op rod ears do not match up real well with a BD44 bolt. May need to buy a BD44 op rod. He hasn't given me a cost on build yet.

Ran into my first problem. The ID of a BD44 front sightis 0.607 and the OD of the barrel is 0.546. The barrel is from Recon Ordinance. Looks like a sleeve will be done and welded. I'll start a thread on the build soon.

Ran into my first problem. The ID of a BD44 front sightis 0.607 and the OD of the barrel is 0.546. The barrel is from Recon Ordinance. Looks like a sleeve will be done and welded. I'll start a thread on the build soon.
Excellent, I'd love to see it.

Well this is kind of what I was worried about. Sometimes you take the plunge and THEN find out some stuff is just made to random dimensions? that have no place in reality. Not saying that is what happened here, but until I really get into this I really don't know for sure. In any case, it is what it is at this point and I'll just have to make it work.

Military Rifle Journal
Back