Third Party Press

Rg34

Frysk

Hello,

Almost a year of collecting these and i can confirm it’s addicting, always on the look for the next one.
I have a big thing for Hawig marked kits so thats the main focus for now.
64DEB543-BE6D-4AD2-9D01-35F01B5877D7.jpeg65824977-D3F7-4F11-AB1E-18E86DBEF014.jpeg

Also plenty of spare parts to collect.

0BE20048-4F8A-416D-B8E3-05D73E965D7E.jpeg80D0CAE6-CCD5-4628-8EDB-433029FF3952.jpeg445639D3-E4C4-4786-88E0-F470E6E9A98F.jpeg

Not the rarest kits shown here but maybe this year i’l get some luck.
Thanks for the members here for sharing great info.

Kind regards,
Frysk

CanadianAR

Maple Syrup Mod Eh
Staff member
Nice stuff!!

I got addicted 2020 as a sideline and ended up loving the most expensive ones. Hahahah

I have scaled back as my other areas are $$ and I can’t go hard at al three.

My areas of interest are
Tan kits
Named kits
44 kits.

Frysk

Nice stuff!!

I got addicted 2020 as a sideline and ended up loving the most expensive ones. Hahahah

I have scaled back as my other areas are $$ and I can’t go hard at al three.

My areas of interest are
Tan kits
Named kits
44 kits.
You have an expensive taste!
Would love to add a tan one for sure ..!

CanadianAR

Maple Syrup Mod Eh
Staff member
I took the shot gun approach and bought lots, but then boiled down my collection to the ones I really liked, and will try to stay within that. Haha

Frysk

Great tactic! Its a good thing to have a focus, but sometimes i just can’t let them pass!
My focus is Hawig but i’d like to have others complete in the future!

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Yeah, you got it bad. So do I, I can't even bear to show my shame.

I don't have the Hawig over 1940, have the Hawig next to 1940. My first thought was just collect painted kits, but you really end up buying all the good ones you can find, or any kit with a marked HKW. I've built up some spares, but noticed nobody seeems to trade parts/kits for anything among themselves.

CanadianAR

Maple Syrup Mod Eh
Staff member
I’ve done some trades, and sent stuff to you and others it is a fun aspect of it.

Frysk

I’d love to trade, but sending parts acros the pond just isn’t worth it IMO(depends on size of trade ofcourse)
But if collectors from eu like to trade, send me a pm.

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Yes, me and Andrew have swapped stuff. But I agree the overseas option makes it too expensive. Glad you were able to put such a large collection together so quickly! It’s not as easy to find them in the us.

mdarnell19

Beavis Moderator Intern
Staff member
I like. I am not addicted but hearing Mike talking about them all the time caused me to want a couple. They are super cool.

Andrew, I did the same with M24 grenades. Wanted just one example. Now I buy every single matching, nice condition one I find. A named kit sounds awesome. Now I need another.

Frysk

Yes, me and Andrew have swapped stuff. But I agree the overseas option makes it too expensive. Glad you were able to put such a large collection together so quickly! It’s not as easy to find them in the us.
Yes but i have to admit to overpaying for some i really want, and i’m also not shy of purchasing from other eu country’s. Wich is importand to find nice one’s.

Also allot of mixed up kits i harvested for the parts to complete others ect but thats part of the hobby i think.
The only thing that bothers me is the amount of post war contents some add to complete the kits, it’s truly a shame what some do for a few extra €€..

Doesn’t ebay have a steady supply of these? I sometimes see ones i like but i skip because of US based seller.

Frysk

I like. I am not addicted but hearing Mike talking about them all the time caused me to want a couple. They are super cool.

Andrew, I did the same with M24 grenades. Wanted just one example. Now I buy every single matching, nice condition one I find. A named kit sounds awesome. Now I need another.
Watch out, your hooked before you realize it!

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
There are kits on us eBay but many overprice them in my opinion. Well, I like to be cheap and like you end up piecing some together and upgrading etc, it is part of the fun. I buy the cheap kits I find and leave the expensive ones for others, but like you I have paid up to get the ones I really want, it has to be. Thanks for sharing!

stewartb

Great Collection, I too am addicted to hunting these kits and the spare parts. I have a soft spot for the Hawig kits myself. It all started when I was having no luck finding nice K98 rifles or bayonets and the Rg34 kits were fairly cheap or reasonable unless it was the rare code or painted. Then like all aspects of my collection I got hooked and had to find every variation and style I could find. I have had good luck hunting on FB trader pages, Ebay US and Germany, though the US prices have went up significantly online this past year or longer.

Frysk

Same for me, started with the bayonets but i have had a hard time finding nice ones.
You manage to find al the different Hawig kits?

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
I have 4 of the variants. Wa94 Tinned, Wa100 Tinned , Wa100 Painted, Wa100 Painted with 1940.

Attachments

• 5422D233-F504-40D8-B57E-DC532B86878F.jpeg
    5422D233-F504-40D8-B57E-DC532B86878F.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Slash

Gray Ghost Moderator
Staff member
A fine group of rg34 and components in Jeroen's original post. The early Hawig kits are definitely interesting to collect. From the data base examples that I have collected a complete series would consist of the following:

Hawig logo - Tinned Finish - No WaA
Hawig logo - Tinned Finish - WaA94
Hawig logo - Tinned Finish - WaA100
Hawig logo - Painted Finish - Brass Latches - WaA100
Hawig logo over 1940 - Painted Finish - Brass Latches - WaA100
Hawig logo beside 1940 - Painted Finish - Transitional Blued Steel Latches - WaA100
No Maker - Painted Finish - Transitional Blued Steel Latches - WaA100
Hawig logo beside 1940 - Painted Finish - Standard Blued Steel Latches - WaA100
No Maker - Painted Finish - Standard Blued Steel Latches - WaA100
Hawig logo beside 1940 - Painted Finish - Standard Blued Steel Latches - WaA14

Some of these variations are very difficult to locate. There are also early Hawig cans with Eagle over M Kriegsmarine stamps. Worth keeping an eye out for as well .......

Military Rifle Journal