Third Party Press

Semi Krieg stock mystery.

mowzerluvr

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?
Here is a stock from Norway from a K98, unsure the code. No serial numbers or proofs anywhere. Nothing under the butt plate. Only mark is an asterisk in the barrel channel. It has provision for a cleaning rod and a hogged-out section above the cleaning rod area. Mauserken and I have gone over and over this. It had an unmarked bayo-lug on it. Mauserken found a photo of a Zf41 scope with the same tiny asterisk leaving me to believe it is late war German. An enigma none the less. What say you?

Attachments

• ast4.jpg
    ast4.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 73
  • ast5.jpg
    ast5.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 75
  • ast6.jpg
    ast6.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 78
  • ast7.jpg
    ast7.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 77
  • ast8.jpg
    ast8.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 79
  • ast9.jpg
    ast9.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 76
  • aster.jpg
    aster.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 78

mowzerluvr

Norway put a crown K in the rs sling slot. Also have never seen a Kongsberg stock with an asterisk.

mowzerluvr

That's it so far? The thread on "expert jerry" got more comments than this one? It's like we're turning into Gunboards where factual conversation takes a back seat to a post full of jabs and snarky come-backs.

Aaron

That's it so far? The thread on "expert jerry" got more comments than this one? It's like we're turning into Gunboards where factual conversation takes a back seat to a post full of jabs and snarky come-backs.
I wish I had something to contribute but its a stumper. Those slot cutout in the cleaning rod scream czech, at first I thought maybe leftover czech stock that never got a takedown disk or unit disk, but the band system is k98 style, theres a k98 bolt cutout, and the channel cutout seems to be for a large ring mauser. That rules out a lot of the South American mausers and czechs. The band system I think will be the first place to look, then narrow down form there. Is there anything under the buttplate?

mowzerluvr

Nothing under the BP. Also, Norway refitted the stockpile of K98's in the 1950's. This one HAS been augmented for 30.06. So it's been in Norway, on a K98 for many years. Why the cleaning rod "window" is stumping me. Maybe one of the first semi krieg stocks they were experimenting with?

Military Rifle Journal