Third Party Press

Stampings?

I've got a lot of learning to do here, and I suck at back searching every single topic for answers as I go cross eyed easily and never seem to get the needed nomenclature for what I'm searching, so I'm gonna suck it up and ask questions I know many are tired of hearing. My first question is, were such things as the cleaning rods and slings serial numbered? I've done a lot of looking on places like e-bay and gunbroker, and I see that cleaning rods are found in a huge amount of lengths, and I don't see any that are marked. I'm looking for one to fit a K98, dot 1943, #1849. thanks for any input!

"I've got a lot of learning to do here, and I suck at back searching every single topic for answers as I go cross eyed easily and never seem to get the needed nomenclature for what I'm searching, so I'm gonna suck it up and ask questions I know many are tired of hearing."

your in the wrong hobby or starting out in the wrong hobby or any hobby. Any and all collectables, require research both online and/or in person. To those who say its to far and /or too expensive to hit funshows and collector shows are passively interested. Same with I m too lazy to research FREE information, so please answer my questions.

oh I m not tired of folks asking pointed questions, but free loading is what Im tired of hearing

Your rifle would have taken the 12.6" rod with no serial number. Sadly the repros I've seen aren't really made like a real one.:happy0180:
I see what you're talking about on Ebay. Two guys have originals. One of the guys that has originals they're beat up and reblued, and the other guy has total original numbered and unnumbered rods with original finish for $100 apiece. Most other guys have miserable fakes. I personally haven't seen a serial numbered sling.

Last edited:
swjXE, thank you for your decent reply, it was very helpful! sprat, since you don't know me, you have no idea of the hobbies and "research" over fifty plus years that I've put in. I came to this site because I was impressed with it's members knowledge base and willingness to share, something I hope to do as well.

That’s Sprat - we keep him here to chase off the truly lazy and easily offended people. It works great, and keeps the dedicated and people who truly want to learn here and engaged. You passed the test. Or at least the first one, there will probably be more. Lol. Slings were not numbered. Cleaning rods stopped being numbered about 1941.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back