Third Party Press

Thoughts on this KKW? -Another added

Sauer_Kraut

I've found one up here in Canada. I looks to have a complete (repaired) break on the wrist. It's only .22, so there is no way is will break under pressure. The barrel band also looks off. Note the handguard is just a place holder.

Attachments

• IMG-3827 (1).JPG
    IMG-3827 (1).JPG
    235.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG-3832.JPG
    IMG-3832.JPG
    337.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG-3829.JPG
    IMG-3829.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 41

jimdvan

That was a bad break but if repaired properly it should be fine. The bands look parkerized but should be blue.

WreckTangle

Mad Dog 20/20 Connoisseur
Bands look re-blued already. Side receiver is tapped for a scope or Lyman peep sight. Then there is the crack in the stock and the finish on the receiver is pretty bad.

Hard to say if its worth it when no asking price was given. What maker is it? Are there any markings on the stock? What's the serial? Is the bolt numbered to the gun, or, is there no serial? Any markings on the receiver other than what was put there by the manufacture? You need to post more pictures if you want an honest valuation. Trainers have lots of particulars, but not as much as a k98. From what I've seen in the 3 pictures I'd say around $4-500 USD.

Unless you get an unbelievable deal, I'd stay away. It has no collector value and you'd be much happier spending the extra $$$ to get a better rifle.

Sauer_Kraut

Bands look re-blued already. Side receiver is tapped for a scope or Lyman peep sight. Then there is the crack in the stock and the finish on the receiver is pretty bad.

Hard to say if its worth it when no asking price was given. What maker is it? Are there any markings on the stock? What's the serial? Is the bolt numbered to the gun, or, is there no serial? Any markings on the receiver other than what was put there by the manufacture? You need to post more pictures if you want an honest valuation. Trainers have lots of particulars, but not as much as a k98. From what I've seen in the 3 pictures I'd say around $4-500 USD.

Unless you get an unbelievable deal, I'd stay away. It has no collector value and you'd be much happier spending the extra $$$ to get a better rifle.
At the time of posting this, I was working towards a price. We got there, and he threw out $1200 CAD. Though more back and forth, he discovered something. The rifle was modified for a mag at one point, and the original fed ramp was replace by a Remington one. No stock marks. and no idea on the bolt serial.

My gut is telling me no way, but my heart wants a KKW. They are rare up here. That being said, I'm going to walk on this one. There is quite a lot wrong.

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 16
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 15
  • unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-3830 (1).JPG
    IMG-3830 (1).JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 16

WreckTangle

At the time of posting this, I was working towards a price. We got there, and he threw out $1200 CAD. Though more back and forth, he discovered something. The rifle was modified for a mag at one point, and the original fed ramp was replace by a Remington one. No stock marks. and no idea on the bolt serial.

My gut is telling me no way, but my heart wants a KKW. They are rare up here. That being said, I'm going to walk on this one. There is quite a lot wrong.

Ah, yea your making the right choice. 1200 CAD, so ~ $915 USD. That's crazy. What are the importation laws on these in Commie Canada? In the US, we would be able to import this.

They are fun and very accurate rifles, triggers are pretty good too considering these were mass produced in a wartime environment. Why are they so rare, my guess is Canadian ww2 forces were not allowed to bring back from Europe?

Sauer_Kraut

Ah, yea your making the right choice. 1200 CAD, so ~ $915 USD. That's crazy. What are the importation laws on these in Commie Canada? In the US, we would be able to import this.

They are fun and very accurate rifles, triggers are pretty good too considering these were mass produced in a wartime environment. Why are they so rare, my guess is Canadian ww2 forces were not allowed to bring back from Europe?
Importing is quite lax, the Gov only really cares about receivers that can become full auto. Everything else is fair game. The only thing keeping me from importing is cost and time.

I'm pretty sure Canada had different capture laws then you guys during the war. Though that didn't really stop people.

WreckTangle

No Bueno! It’s good to want. It’s bad to spend hard earned money on junk.
Yea, your always like,
Importing is quite lax, the Gov only really cares about receivers that can become full auto. Everything else is fair game. The only thing keeping me from importing is cost and time.

I'm pretty sure Canada had different capture laws then you guys during the war. Though that didn't really stop people.

It's not hard to export, I have commercial shipping software that fills out and prints all the exportation forums. Keep an eye out and if you see something that catches your eye I might be able to help you out. Can't promise anything, but at least I can get you a shipping quote. Getting more collectors into the trainer community is what's its all about. I'd be glad to help out.

Sauer_Kraut

Yea, your always like,

It's not hard to export, I have commercial shipping software that fills out and prints all the exportation forums. Keep an eye out and if you see something that catches your eye I might be able to help you out. Can't promise anything, but at least I can get you a shipping quote. Getting more collectors into the trainer community is what's its all about. I'd be glad to help out.
I appreciate that. Though I don't have my toes in any of your trader or auction sites. So my barrier to entre is not knowing where to look. I know importing will add ~350 to any price, plus I'm paying for currency exchange.

Sauer_Kraut

I've been in contact with a gun shop. After this, I am back to square one. No stock cartouche, but the wood looks nice. has the classic tapped receiver. I talked it down to $2200 CAD + tax and shipping (~$1980 USD). I know its too much, but tell me not to buy the rifle.

Attachments

• KKW.JPG
    KKW.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220822_150329.jpg
    20220822_150329.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220822_150301.jpg
    20220822_150301.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220822_150236.jpg
    20220822_150236.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220822_150203.jpg
    20220822_150203.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 28

oldwing

Kkw is on the right

Attachments

• D2C8DDD9-4129-4648-BCBF-2F94482BD29C.jpeg
    D2C8DDD9-4129-4648-BCBF-2F94482BD29C.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 815EAF58-904B-4115-A723-8F4EAFCFFA6C.jpeg
    815EAF58-904B-4115-A723-8F4EAFCFFA6C.jpeg
    6.6 KB · Views: 13

Sauer_Kraut

I see now. Strangle that I over looked that. I wonder where that handguard came from. It sort of looks like a spacer.

Military Rifle Journal