Third Party Press

Type 4 SS/RSHA Walther PPK

moosedog

I was lucky to find this type 4 SS/RSHA pistol rig on the net one morning. The seller had no idea what it was except that it was from WWII. Came with one matching numbered spine stamped magazine.
Looks like Eichorn was in the Motor Pool.

Attachments

• DSCN5582.JPG
    DSCN5582.JPG
    319.2 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN5585.JPG
    DSCN5585.JPG
    285.9 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN5588.JPG
    DSCN5588.JPG
    414.8 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCN5587.JPG
    DSCN5587.JPG
    416.3 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN5591.JPG
    DSCN5591.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN5611.JPG
    DSCN5611.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 133
Very interesting, I was aware of that book but I have never seen the level of research and detail in it before. Thanks for posting.

lots of folks still dont know about these.. great rig ! A very scarce pebbled ppk holster I have seen very few of these..

I have found four that sellers did not know what they had, but none of mine can be traced to someone. That’s a big plus, have not seen one sell that that match’s a record card

Stephen

I have found four that sellers did not know what they had, but none of mine can be traced to someone. That’s a big plus, have not seen one sell that that match’s a record card
There is a least one out there, a very rough PPK that was issued to an SS man in one of the Einsatzgruppen. A I think. Dealer had it a few years ago. Correction: an SS-Sturmmann in Einsatzgruppe C.

This is only the second one I have heard of that is matched to a card. Very cool!

I was lucky to find this type 4 SS/RSHA pistol rig on the net one morning. The seller had no idea what it was except that it was from WWII. Came with one matching numbered spine stamped magazine.
Looks like Eichorn was in the Motor Pool.
VERY nice piece you acquired. And you have found that indeed Eichhorn was in the RSHA motorpool with HQ on Potsdamer Chausee in Berlin. Rather than an Acting Detective, he was an Employee of the Kripo. And interesting that he was issued his pistol in mid 1943 with the black belt holster.

With the help of a gentleman on another forum I found out that the part of the motor pool that Eichorn worked in was responsible for the gas trucks.
Not the ones that carry fuel, but the ones that gave one-way rides to the Jewish people and others. I was not even aware that those existed.

Amazing with the internet that people still don’t know what the have. That’s a really evil connection with this pistol, fitting serial number too.

Military Rifle Journal
Back