Repo Field Gear Collector
I think old mags are a short coming, one of my two mags it doesn’t like so much, the spring feels weak.
That's what scares me. Either might end up being way over budget or not even legal. Apparently they already purchased all of the material for the current batch (according to one of his emails from earlier this year), so hopefully cost increases will be minimal.At that rate many will have been waiting 24+ months. Hopefully they are still legal by then.
Can't imagine the pressure they are under trying to get these and all the other projects out the door with all the price hikes and material shortages.
Thanks for the update.
Buy the gunI have been on the wait list for a year and a half for a Type 2. I just got an email from Rick... He said my rifle should be ready to ship by the end of the year (nearly 2 years total wait). He said the price is up and if I want the rifle, it is now $6612.50 + Upgrade cost + $130 shipping, so over $7000 all in... In his initial emails with the pricing sheet, I did not see anything mentioning the pricing was subject to change after deposit was received and wait was endured, but maybe I missed something? Also, in the email he said the new base price moving forward will be $7500 + for new customers. He also mentioned the $100 non-refundable deposit would be returned in the event I backed out. I'm going to give it a day or two to think about it.
I wanted to comment on my post. Yesterday I also received an email from Rick telling me that my FG would be ready around the end of the year and the new price. It should be noted that he DOES offer your deposit back if you don’t move forward (which I am). After calculating out the price delta I don’t believe he is even covering the increases in raw materials and labor we have seen in the past couple years. He also mentions what the new base price will be for someone who is just jumping on the list now. For anyone already on the list who is on the fence, my recommendation would be to complete the transaction!When you put a deposit and lock in that should be the end of it….. if you take 2 years to build it and costs go up that’s on you. At a minimum you should have the option to be refunded. But I also agree that it’s still worth buying.
Ditto! I'm pumped.I received an email from Rick telling me the price increase and asking me if I want to remain on the list. The email was slightly confusing, the subject was Type I, which I ordered, but he talked about the Type II in
the email and the improvements made. He says it should ship late this year or early next year.
I told him to keep me on the list of course.