Third Party Press

Value check for Riese rubberized frog

bruce98k

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2
Staff member
Guys been out of the loop on some of this.
Whats a fair price for one of these Riese frogs?
Condition exc.

Thanks,.
Bruce

Slash

Staff member
In excellent condition, no damage, and clear legible maker's marking ==> $350 - $400

Peter S

In excellent condition, no damage, and clear legible maker's marking ==> $350 - $400
Wow, that much. To find one with a clear legible maker's mark is pretty tough because the rubber didn't take well to being stamped.

bruce98k

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2
Staff member
I was figuring 250-300 on the lower end so thanks for confirming Lance.
As always, much appreciated. Also sent you a PM.

pwcosol

I will concur with Bruce on this. Certainly not saying one could not get that upper-limit price, but those I have seen pop up here and there in recent years were not priced that high. Would also add, if one has been watching both Ebay and Gun Broker auctions during the last two years, sky seems to be the limit on just about anything. Even our own Forum Trader now seems to have more WTB listings than WTS ones...

Last edited:

Slash

Staff member
A decent example sold on a dealer's web site a month or so ago for $400. Not as nice as Bruce's piece ....

AndyB

Maybe in well known collector areas or in US could be similar prices reached, in Europe i dont believe similar prices are real, 250€ for a frog is already very high, only Expert level collectors are well informed and could offer so high value, for normal collector not extra involved in history searching is too high.

Last edited:

pwcosol

One of the issues in collecting is when something desirable sells for a very strong price. Typically, this seems to be at auctions (either live or online). Soon the word spreads through the collecting fraternity resulting in comments like "Did you hear what said collectible sold for? I paid a lot less for mine and it is nicer...got to be worth even more!" IMHO such prices are often aberrational. This is sometimes revealed when the majority of bidders drop out at what most collectors would consider a solid market price and two opposing bidders run up the price until one prevails. Admittedly, it is reassuring to know demand for something one owns is sought after and your collectible has also become a good investment as well. However, I tend to discount this when based on a runaway auction result or single example sale.

Military Rifle Journal