Third Party Press

very nice G.43 duv44

Absolut

Picked this up from a seller who gave up on guns, among a mismatch but original ar43 K98k with ZF41 rail. This one amazed me for being near mint, especially the stock stamps are unlike any other G/K43 I've ever seen before. It kept me wondering if this once was a sniper rifle (since snipers are said to have cared better for their guns), especially since the owner mentioned to once had a scope to it as well. Might be one of the cases where the mount hopefully surfaces one day, if not I'm also not too bothered since it really is the best condition G43 in my collection.

Attached are pictures of it - comments are welcome. Especially would appreciate any help that would tell me if the scope mount (assuming there is one to this rifle) should be round or square edge, phosphate or blued, and any particular scope maker it would need to carry with this date and this suffix. Thanks!

Attachments

• G43duv44_01.jpg
    G43duv44_01.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 117
  • G43duv44_02.jpg
    G43duv44_02.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 112
  • G43duv44_03.jpg
    G43duv44_03.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 113
  • G43duv44_04.jpg
    G43duv44_04.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 111
  • G43duv44_05.jpg
    G43duv44_05.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 107
  • G43duv44_06.jpg
    G43duv44_06.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 116
  • G43duv44_07.jpg
    G43duv44_07.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 119
  • G43duv44_08.jpg
    G43duv44_08.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 118
Extremely nice Absolut. Others should be along with scope info. Was great to see such a fine example.

That is a very nice k block duv!

As for a scope mount, I haven't seen many 214 mounts, but I really don't think there are any "rules". I think the round/square mounts are just different makers, not an early/late thing. If its 214 accepted, and doesn't have a scope number on it, its good to go. Same for the scopes. dow or ddx, I think both factories used both.

I think mdarnell19's matching, late qve45 is blued/round for what that's worth.

That is a very nice k block duv!

As for a scope mount, I haven't seen many 214 mounts, but I really don't think there are any "rules". I think the round/square mounts are just different makers, not an early/late thing. If its 214 accepted, and doesn't have a scope number on it, its good to go. Same for the scopes. dow or ddx, I think both factories used both.

I think mdarnell19's matching, late qve45 is blued/round for what that's worth.
😊

I take Brians reply as an approval of Ryans reply, lol. Thanks for the information, I hope he comes up with something!

man that's a good looking rifle where do you guys find these guns at? it take me years to find quality pieces. awesome rifle sir.

Thanks for all the nice comments, appreciate it if you like this rifle as much as I do. Unfortunately the side stock stamps are tough to picture, you need the correct angle and light, especially since so light struck. Anyway, @luvk98227 - it was an online auction with poor pics. Requested more, tough job to get a guy with nearly no internet knowledge to send those, but we managed to. One pic showed the stock acceptance behind the trigger guard - I then detailed inspected every pic and considered it to be extremely nice, so went after it and got it at what I consider a fair price.

Since you've posted this rifle, I keep coming back to look at it. It's in stellar condition. Possibly never issued or issued to someone that didn't see much action. My opinion is based on the condition of the pistol grip, which has zero wear. The bolt housing track (part that guides the bolt carrier) still has a lot of the bluing left, leads me to believe it hasn't been fired much.

Scope mounts pop up, someone here on the forum had one serialized 2 numbers off from my AC45 C block. So, close!

Killer rifle. Take some more pics, this needs to be stickied to the Picture Reference section.

My original thought was that it once was a sniper rifle what would explain the marvellous condition since snipers were more looking after their rifles than a normal soldier would. Well, unless the mount to it pops up I won't find out.

Can take more pics if I know what I should picture, so let me know what you want to see.

Military Rifle Journal
Back