Third Party Press

Vol III: Factory Capture Reference Map Missing or No longer Available?

rcmauser

The Factory Capture Reference Map is missing from the Revised 2012 Volume III, Kriegsmodell Book that I purchased. It is referenced in the Acknowledgements, from Jeff Diederichs. Perhaps it was part of the first run of the Kriegsmodell only.

It is part of the first printing I have, as a pull out supplement pasted to the inside back cover. I found it to be a useful research tool.

Attachments

• map_rev_020810.pdf
    194 KB · Views: 131
Last edited by a moderator:

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
The map was only in the original version. It turned out to be a big job putting those in, we had to do each one individually, I guess we forgot to remove the text from the revised edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcmauser

Thank you for the response. That is what I figured. Can it be made available as an online resource to the book or is there a copy right issue with the map? I know it was a great endeavor of time and effort to include it in the first book. Classic book making at its finest. Well worth it, in my opinion and I am glad I got it.

It has been many years, I believe it was part of a now defunct website. I do not remember the name. Maybe it is available on the “Wayback Machine” (https://web.archive.org). I can get a high quality (4MB) scan made from the insert. However, using the original may work better.

bruce98k

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2
Staff member
Factory map for first printing of Volume III

I will post up the PDF for anyone to print.
Give me a day or so.

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
I bet a lot of people with the first run of kriegsmodell don't even know that map is back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruce98k

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2
Staff member
First printing of Kriegsmodell

When we released the first batch of Kriegsmodell, there was a foldout map in the inset.
The reprint edition did not have the map.

Slash

Staff member
I bet a lot of people with the first run of kriegsmodell don't even know that map is back there. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tru Dat! I purchased this book the instant it was released and never realized this map was there until just now. Amazing .....

Military Rifle Journal