Third Party Press

WoW!!!! Zg1229 at the MAC Show

Wilhelm

I was walking along at the MAC show in York PA minding my own business when I spied something on my left. Without thinking, I said "HOLY SH$T!!" as it sank in that I was looking at a Zg1229 with the electronics pack and cable still attached!! Just finding the optic itself would have been phenomenal but the presence of the electronics can, connector cable and rubber eye cup just boggles my mind. Granted, the rubber bellows is hanging by a thread and the unit is missing lots of bits but I was still in awe. And I could pick it up to inspect it too!! I asked if they'd opened the cannister to inspect the electronics but the guy at the table said they had not. I really wanted to but it's not mine and I'd hate to mess anything up. It's going to be auctioned off but I was so discombobulated I didn't think to write down the auction house name. Sorry about that. The man at the table knew what it was but it was clear to me that he didn't truly comprehend the importance of the unit. He said it was found in an attic in a box. To almost everyone, this would just appear to be junk and would end up in the trash. Thankfully, someone must have known that someone would want this. I should have taken more pictures but things were busy and I didn't want to be a bother. I still can't believe I came across this thing. Saying this thing is rare is a gross understatement. I didn't think any electronics cannisters had survived intact.

The light in the picture was found with the rest and it does have an infrared filter but it's clearly off of a vehicle of some sort and is not part of the optic.

Last edited:

roos1984

Thank you very much, that definitely helps me... that's how I imagined the color to be
I was walking along at the MAC show in York PA minding my own business when I spied something on my left. Without thinking, I said "HOLY SH$T!!" as it sank in that I was looking at a Zg1229 with the electronics pack and cable still attached!! Just finding the optic itself would have been phenomenal but the presence of the electronics can, connector cable and rubber eye cup just boggles my mind. Granted, the rubber bellows is hanging by a thread and the unit is missing lots of bits but I was still in awe. And I could pick it up to inspect it too!! I asked if they'd opened the cannister to inspect the electronics but the guy at the table said they had not. I really wanted to but it's not mine and I'd hate to mess anything up. It's going to be auctioned off but I was so discombobulated I didn't think to write down the auction house name. Sorry about that. The man at the table knew what it was but it was clear to me that he didn't truly comprehend the importance of the unit. He said it was found in an attic in a box. To almost everyone, this would just appear to be junk and would end up in the trash. Thankfully, someone must have known that someone would want this. I should have taken more pictures but things were busy and I didn't want to be a bother. I still can't believe I came across this thing. Saying this thing is rare is a gross understatement. I didn't think any electronics cannisters had survived intact.

The light in the picture was found with the rest and it does have an infrared filter but it's clearly off of a vehicle of some sort and is not part of the optic.

Awesome😳, priceless in this condition

roos1984

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210524-214737_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210524-214737_Gallery.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20210526-225738_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-225738_WhatsApp.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 29

roos1984

here it is better to see

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220919-204121_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220919-204121_Gallery.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 23

Wilhelm

That would be the way to go. I didn't want to handle it too much for fear of the rubber bellows falling off.

Wilhelm

That's what your average Joe thinks when we pay 6K for a cut up Stg 44 kit. It's all a matter of perspective my friend!

Absolut

Well I know what the ZG1229 once sold for on eBay which had some additional parts in that this one is missing (though opposite missing the battery), and I see this from an European perspective where for 6k you can get a complete all matching MP44/StG44. I did not intend to say it may not bring this kind of money (how do you actually put a price tag on something that never got sold before?), I mainly was comparing it with other accessoires of the MP44 and the prices I had known.

Military Rifle Journal