Third Party Press

WWII Germans with Enfield No. 1 Mk.III rifles

Absolut

Found this picture on another forum, had to share it in here too. I don't know how many pictures exist that show them with British rifles, but for me it was a first one.

Attachments

• Wehrmacht_SMLE.jpg
    Wehrmacht_SMLE.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 88
These Men are in the Reichs Arbeits Dienst, they received many Beutewaffen for training.

Luftwaffe unit (construction, I think) armed with Enfields. Only issued one ammo pouch each.

Attachments

• Luft Enfield.jpg
    Luft Enfield.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 68
Too cool Ryan, the rifle where we see the side clearly identifies as being a WWI rifle for having the provision mill for the long range volley disc at the front. The slings though look as if they have leather at the ends, so not British.

Luftwaffe unit (construction, I think) armed with Enfields. Only issued one ammo pouch each.

Neat pic. Yes, black waffenfarbe, airfield construction fellows. SMLEs likely from Dunkirk captures. Very odd to see Enfields used.

Too cool Ryan, the rifle where we see the side clearly identifies as being a WWI rifle for having the provision mill for the long range volley disc at the front. The slings though look as if they have leather at the ends, so not British.
Possibly WWI French ersatz slings? The ones made from cloth MG belts.

Military Rifle Journal
Back