Third Party Press

XRFacts , Forums and Censorship

Hambone

Community Organizer
Staff member
Maui has had, and always has an invitation to express his opinions here and promote and defend his opinions, as does everyone else. This site isn't about sycophancy and we all disagree and agree on various subjects. No one has ever been censored or banned here for having contrary opinions, which regularly occurs at WAF.

So, if Maui and his group can convince people here he is free to do so. At this point it hasn't happened and there are plenty of pages on this thread :reposthorse:

tjg79

maui's credibility is bankrupt. He's like a horsefly that successfully dodges the flyswatter. He flies in, buzzes around looking for turds to land on, and then buzzes off. It's time for Kelly Hicks to make the case for XRF helmet testing since he seems to still support it. Let's see if Kelly Hicks knows what he's talking about.

basile

maui's credibility is bankrupt. He's like a horsefly that successfully dodges the flyswatter. He flies in, buzzes around looking for turds to land on, and then buzzes off. It's time for Kelly Hicks to make the case for XRF helmet testing since he seems to still support it. Let's see if Kelly Hicks knows what he's talking about.

More like a dung beetle rolling a ball of shit called XRFacts.

Attachments

• dungbeetle.jpg
    dungbeetle.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 5

maui

hambone, are you this clueless about technology and original ww2 german helmets ?

I would recommend that you learn about search engines where you can google "XRF".

Are you really this perplexed about german helmets and the composition ?

This is several years old. Are you still debating this with your pathetic arguments ?

Everyone is laughing at you .....

Grow up Hambone .

Have you really seen an original german camo helmet ?

Hambone

Community Organizer
Staff member
I was collecting original camouflage helmets in the late 80s when there was no real desire for them. I have plenty, and have posted some here. As for you, I've never seen someone so infatuated with looking ridiculous. We are still waiting for you to provide anything more than insults, rhetoric, and your own conclusory carnival barking and light shows. Thus far you haven't IMHO. At this point, it seems that even among some of the profoundly waftarded to whom your light show originally hipmotized, that your claims are a fail. We've already searched XRF and debated it here. You add nothing new. Instead of acting like a buffoon, why not support your claims if you can? This is an intelligent audience, and importantly, an uncensored venue. You get no support here because you've provided no support for your claims. Your own self-serving conclusions are not "support".

In closing, this isn't a censored waftard bandwagon forum. People are free to make up their own minds and you are free to plead your case an support it with more than silly bile and drivel. If you show us, prove your claims, we'll support you.

hambone, are you this clueless about technology and original ww2 german helmets ?

I would recommend that you learn about search engines where you can google "XRF".

Are you really this perplexed about german helmets and the composition ?

This is several years old. Are you still debating this with your pathetic arguments ?

Everyone is laughing at you .....

Grow up Hambone .

Have you really seen an original german camo helmet ?

Last edited:

maui

the hambone child

I am going to address you like the child you are with some questions .

Are you ready hambone ?

Let's start with some simple questions to see how smart you are

1 Can XRF determine the elemental composition of a german decal and also a subsequent match of an identical decal on another helmet ?

Hambone

Community Organizer
Staff member
I am going to address you like the child you are with some questions .

Are you ready hambone ?

Let's start with some simple questions to see how smart you are

1 Can XRF determine the elemental composition of a german decal and also a subsequent match of an identical decal on another helmet ?

Sigh. You're trolling and IMHO, acting like a buffoon. We've been through all this and you do nothing but chase your tail and have insult tantrums when people here ask you to do more than carnival bark. All of this has been addressed and you've provided nothing substantive. You do seem to have limited your claims significantly now to just decals, presumably SS decals. However, even if we assume that you and your ray gun can come close to what you claim re the authentication of certain SS decals, your relative neophyte ignorance of the hobby fails to take into account the many sheets of original SS decals which were sold in the 60s-80s, by one guy. He would do the shows with them in a briefcase. This is well known, saw him and his briefcase myself. Where are those original decals now? They're on helmets of course. Bill Maertz, who has "restored" many a German helmet (he claims thousands of restorations) created many, perhaps hundreds, perhaps thousands, of SS helmets with original decals since the 70s. All the old school guys (which you ain't) know Maertz did this. Some of them had him "restore" SS helmets for them. Those helmets are now floating around as "original". Are these in your "database"? I saw a hilarious episode on a helmet forum where a fellow posted his high dollar "single decal SS" helmet that all gushed over. Maertz then posted that was one he "restored" and it was "original" because it was an original helmet mated with an original SS decal. That was a funny tantrum filled thread. That's why we were careful and skeptical even back then.

If you really had knowledge of the hobby, you'd also know that there were, and are, plenty of original M.40 no decal and M.42 no decal helmets which ended up with original SS decals on them and became "SS helmets" with the help of other "restorers". Are you shooting these with your ray gun? Are you using "baseline" helmets to establish your data from people selling them and assisting you? Finally, at this point is anyone with a brain stem and objective thinking capability supposed to trust your representations and methodologies? You are "objective"? This is about you and perhaps some others, Kelly Hicks perhaps, selling SS helmets and your ray gun services and COAs?

Look, I'll give you the last word. Then, I'm locking this thread because you're polluting it and being very repetitive and idiotic. If you or anyone else has an irrepressible urge to post something intelligent or, God forbid, you can come up with something substantive which supports your claims, PM me and I'll gladly open the thread and allow the post. However, at this point, IMHO, Maui, you are no further along than you were two years ago and your ranting is not even amusing as it was. So here you go, you get the last word to post conclusory gibberish and insults, which is the same as you've posted throughout this thread. When you, or Kelly Hicks, or anyone else who agrees with you (which at this point seems to be no one), can post something coherent, intelligent, and which actually supports your claims and is not carnival barking or moonbat squeaking, PM me and I'll gladly reopen the thread.

Last edited:

basile

By all means do not lock this thread. I mean I've paid good money to see clown shows that simply pale in comparison to the XRF Madness. This IS entertainment at it's finest and it's free!!!

Attachments

• crack_pipe.jpg
    crack_pipe.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 6

tjg79

Even when David May, aka maui, responds the way he has and does, it speaks volumes about XRF as a viable testing method. Look at the quality of his posts. David has had every opportunity to make his case, display his knowledge, state his theory based on evidence that meets the standard of the scientific method, answer questions from people knowledgeable of XRF testing, and prove us all wrong, but each time he's displayed that he's only interested in baiting the people that pointed out the fallacies of his claims and method from the beginning. I think David holds a grudge and blames Hambone and Doug B for the failure and collapse of XRFacts, LLC.

It would probably be justified to lock this thread base on normal forum standards, but I suspect that is exactly what David May wants. Every thread that was locked or deleted at WAF and the other lid forums only helps David with his attempts to revive the scam of trying to convince collectors to pay a premium for his junk science and bogus COAs. It's clear to me that David doesn't have the background and knowledge to make the case for XRF helmet testing. Perhaps Kelly Hicks can do a better job.

This thread is still viewed on a regular basis. It holds a lot of interest for an old thread that has beat the horse to dust.

David, why don't you invite all your lid collecting buddies over here to see the quality of your posts. I think that would be the final nail in the XRF lid testing coffin.

Regards

Hambone

Community Organizer
Staff member
I think keeping it open provides Maui and anyone, particularly Hicks, the opportunity to come here and make their case and support their claims in an open and uncensored environment which is far more transparent than whatever it is they are doing. The truth, and good ideas, invariably support themselves without the need for light shows, carnival barking, rhetoric, censorship, misdirection and such. Maui, this thread is pushing four years and IMHO, you've yet to support you claims. Nobody here is taking the troll bait.

Last edited:

tjg79

Unfortunately for the proponents of XRF lid testing and those that desire to see a legit test method, it's clear to me that David May and Kelly Hicks lack the mathematical skills, among other essential skills, to show and prove their data is valid at indicating anything with a reasonable confidence level. That's the level of proof required to support their claims as well as independent verification by others.

To understand the level of certainty required to make a scientific claim or new discovery, look at recent articles about probability and sigma levels required to assert the discovery of the Higgs boson.

Physicists Increasingly Confident They've Found the Higgs Boson

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/13/130315-higgs-boson-lhc-particle-physics-science/

CERN teams post Higgs Boson papers - one ups its sigma level of certainty

http://phys.org/news/2012-08-cern-teams-higgs-boson-papers.html

David May and or Kelly Hicks should publish a paper in a scientific journal devoted to relic authentication stating their claims, outlining their methods and detailing their proof for scientific peer review. I think I understand why this hasn't happened.

To make it easy and happen sooner rather than later, Hicks could send a copy of his lid reference book XRF chapter to the International Journal of Scientific Research and Reviews. See the link below:
http://www.ijsrr.org/

International Journal of Scientific Research and Reviews (IJSRR) is an open access peer reviewed and Quarterly Published research journal that publishes articles in the field of Science, Commerce & Arts. It is an international journal to encourage research publication to research scholars, academicians, professionals and students engaged in their respective field. The journal also provides an international forum to disseminate their knowledge.

Our mission is to advance research by working to develop and maintain competence, ethics and integrity and the highest professional standards in the specialty for the benefit of the public. The Faculty seeks, through its activities, to bring about an improvement in research of the public.

IJSRR serves an intellectual audience that is interested in the latest research coming out of universities and industries around the world. The journal publishes research developments and disseminates them to an international audience.

The journal welcomes publications of high quality papers. Original research papers, reviews and high quality technical notes are invited for publications.

If the Hicks paper was well received, I'd likely have to eat some crow. However, I believe a more likely result is that it would be dissected, dismissed, and sent back to the author for disposal.

David May and Kelly Hicks can easily dazzle and impress a typical lid collector with voodoo, magic tricks, and scientific props and jargon, but they would have a much more difficult time impressing an audience well schooled in the science and analytical methods they purport to use to sort fake from legit lids.

Perhaps the IJSRR has a forum that David May can troll for enjoyment.

Regards

maui

the hambone

This is yes or no question, you respond with your typical BS..

everyone can see your level of intelligence

let me make it real simple for you

The code has been cracked, we now understand the composition of ww2 era german decals and paint

Show us your solution ............

There are plenty of intelligent people reading this thread

So show us and teach us .......hambone

Hambone

Community Organizer
Staff member
This is yes or no question, you respond with your typical BS..

everyone can see your level of intelligence

let me make it real simple for you

The code has been cracked, we now understand the composition of ww2 era german decals and paint

Show us your solution ............

There are plenty of intelligent people reading this thread

So show us and teach us .......hambone

I'm not the one claiming to be a code cracking helmet tazing pie chart lid authenticator (for the low low price of $250, no $200, ok $150) so the onus is upon you to prove your claims. You've yet to do that. Proof, or even support, is not rhetoric and light shows geared to astound imbeciles. My "solution" is to use knowledge, reference, common sense, and magnification. IMHO, you have no real collecting experience and you are not qualified to be using, much less "interpreting" XRF results. IMHO, you are, however, a relentless and insulting pitchman with a $25k+ ray gun.

Last edited:

maui

the hambone clown

hambone

You are truly a clown and everyone is laughing at you

There never was a profit motive ..

guess what ..the code has been cracked . you can not comprehend this and I am thankful

I'm not the one claiming to be a code cracking helmet tazing pie chart lid authenticator (for the low low price of $250, no $200, ok $150) so the onus is upon you to prove your claims. You've yet to do that. Proof or even support, is not rhetoric and light shows geared to astound imbeciles. My "solution" is to use knowledge, reference, common sense, and magnification. IMHO, you have no real collecting experience and you are not qualified to be using, much less "interpreting" XRF results. IMHO, you are, however, a relentless and insulting pitchman with a $25k+ ray gun.

Last edited:

Hambone

Community Organizer
Staff member
hambone

You are truly a clown and everyone is laughing at you

There never was a profit motive ..

guess what ..the code has been cracked . you can not comprehend this and I am thankful

There "never was a profit motive"? That's why you filed "XRFacts" as a Florida "for profit" LLC (which dissolved), had a slick XRFacts website (now gone) offering your raygun / pie chart COAs for $250.00 per tazing, and trademarked "XRFacts", and claimed to have filed a patent (which filing does not exist)? That's why dealers ran ads for your services (now they've bailed on you)? That's why your sales pitch at your "XRFacts" website claimed that all collectors would soon require your expensive services for their piece of mind and "resale value"? All of this information is preserved by saved screen shots, etc.

So your oft repeated catch phrase, "the code has been cracked", is supposed to prove what? That you tazed some SS decals and found elements in them? Given that the best SS helmet fakes are those with original decals (at least one stack of sheets of such original decals were being sold in the 70s-80s), and assuming (a big assumption) that there is some merit to what you say, how can you tell if an original decal was originally on a helmet or not?

Last edited:

CanadianAR

Maple Syrup Mod Eh
Staff member
Doesn't even matter if you had cracked some code, no one would listen now anyways.

And there is no way as hambone said, to detect an original decal placed on an original lid after the war. And un used decals are still out there.

Even if this xrf ever had a chance, it is long gone now. No one in the hobby will ever ever pay any more attention to it. Its done.

Maybe switch genres and try again with medieval relics...hahah

Hambone

Community Organizer
Staff member
My opinions: What Maui is trying to do is post-fail reinvention of this whole episode. He wants a do-over from a flippity flopping fail. They rolled this out as a strong arm commercial venture, to force collectors to pay $250 per helmet tazing if they wanted their camo helmets, SS helmets, and all other helmets to have "resale value". They enlisted some vocal waftards and wafmods to get on board and try to cram this down on the hobby. They enlisted Hicks for old school cred, talked a bunch of smack and got others on board and tried to silence all criticism. They carnival barked and the whole charade collapsed under its own misrepresentations. Oddly, this sounds like 0bamaCare :laugh: WAF would be the Democrats and I reckon we'd be the GOP and Libertarians on this :happy0180:

Now Maui is limiting this flop to "cracking the code" SS decal claims, but even if he did "crack" some code (aka, identifying certain elements in certain SS decals) he'll be able to do nothing more than ID certain elements in certain SS decals. That won't "authenticate" an SS helmet, just a decal. Again, all seasoned collectors know that the best SS helmet fakes were made up with original decals. Fake decals can be spotted visually.

Last edited:

tjg79

David May hasn't cracked any code. If he's laughing at everyone that doesn't have a handheld XRF printout from zapping a decal on steel, because he thinks it's the "code" or "finger print" of authenticity, then the joke is on David May. Does David May understand the difference between distorted elemental sketch of decal on painted steel and the exact chemical formula of the products used to produce the original decals? I don't think he does.

Call up any handheld XRF raygun manufacturer and ask the sales department if they can certify as true what David May claims. They won't do it, because David May is making claims that are bogus.

It's sad that David May has resorted to trolling in old threads, to try to get anyone to respond to him. Somebody give that guy $10 to buy a bottle of wine so he'll crawl back under the bridge and disappear for a while.

Military Rifle Journal