Third Party Press

zfk43/1 scope ..

tbied2

... i get questions all the time about this scope, & like it alot. ... i got this scope & mount at knob creek about ten or more years ago. 8000. this scope & mount was actually on a g43 rifle that went thru rock island & was missed by everybody,,.. except one observant collector. only about 100 made. the tube is made out of cast magnesum, i think. i have seen two or three at shows in bad shape with high prices. this one is mint & with mount & accessories;;.. probable about 15000. but, not for sale.....

Attachments

• 0011.jpg
    0011.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 73

tbied2

... i have had three offers, but i like it............. & good stuff ain't cheap

Last edited:

mdarnell19

Beavis Moderator Intern
Staff member
So I could buy an all matching byf 44 High Turret or a possibly war time produced scope that never saw use?

7 k98ks or a scope?

4 G43s or a scope?

Hmmm...….

And the only reason I bring this up is to fight against what I call "collector inflation." Sure we all want to see our collections increase in value. However, when it grows at an excessive rate then it negatively effects the hobby. It prices people out of it, discourages new collectors from entering and brings out even better fakers. All my opinion of course. People are free to spend their money as they like. I am free to say it is a bad idea.

mauser99

I cant really see what it is ? Is it an RLN scope ? Or another low production Zf4 type scope ? Yes, at one point rln scopes were being bought up for 5-6k just for the scope.
Then they sat for that price for years... Often times sell why the chance is there as it may never come again...… I have seen this many times play out.

Warrior1354

ax - hole
$15,000???? Hahahaha. Oh wait, are you serious?
I don't think even documented 8x Marine Corp M1903A1 sniper scopes with can and paperwork bring that kind of money. And those are extraordinary rare to find for sale. I mean anyone can name their asking price but still $15,000?

Absolut

I cant really see what it is ? Is it an RLN scope ? Or another low production Zf4 type scope ? Yes, at one point rln scopes were being bought up for 5-6k just for the scope.
Then they sat for that price for years... Often times sell why the chance is there as it may never come again...… I have seen this many times play out.
That is the ZF K 43/1, atop rln coded. They are rare but I don‘t think worth 15k. You could buy several ZF43(B) for that price, and these are even rarer. I could understand though that someone would not sell if an important piece of your own collection, despite an offer this high. Collecting is not upon making money but upon your personal fun, research and passion.

Wilhelm

Many don't know it but the scope was reproduced almost exactly after the war for use on the G1 rifle. For all intents and purposes it's a nicer made ZF43/1.

BGS marked example:

Bundeswehr marked example:

Variation in windage knob markings:

Warrior1354

ax - hole
I own a G1 scope set up courtesy of a good friend here Wilhelm. When I received it I noticed the similarities to the older style ZF43/1. All in all I was very pleased with it and thank you for sharing your G1 scope sets Wilhelm as well.

Wilhelm

Not to stray off topic, but I mount my BGS marked on on my STG58 and enjoy it immensely at the range. Even though they're over 60 years old, they still work as designed, are still crystal clear and probably will be another 60 years from now.

mdarnell19

Beavis Moderator Intern
Staff member
I don't think even documented 8x Marine Corp M1903A1 sniper scopes with can and paperwork bring that kind of money. And those are extraordinary rare to find for sale. I mean anyone can name their asking price but still $15,000?
The Unertl scopes with cans tend to sell for $4-5k. They are not rare and also overpriced IMO. Now the rifle is extremely rare and worth a good amount.

Dave Roberts

Is that a scope you have in your pocket?
Staff member
Sure looks like an RLN Scope in fact many would likely be fooled by this Scope as being a war time RLN if was not painted black . It is a Post War copy of the RLN scope . I know of one case were a collector in Germany removed the black paint from tube and placed it on a PW K43 Mount stuck on Ebay.de and it was purchased with BIN for 8000 Euros by an unsuspecting novice collector .

These War time RLN Scopes by themselves were selling for $8000 to $10,000 a few years back and when such an example showed up it did not take long for it to sell . Its a rare scope but is it really worth that price today , hard to say . If someone pays such a price then without doubt its worth that to the buyer.

Military Rifle Journal