Third Party Press

1918 13mm T-Gewehr mauser

Volks

Hi all,
I have a mauser13mm Anti tank gun but sadly has no front sight.
Does anyone know where I can find a front sight.

Does anyone know much about this rifle?
I noticed all the pictures I see on Internet that the bolt sticks out the side of the Rifle, mine slopes into the stock.
Everything is matching down to the screws.

It should have a straight handled bolt, - sure there is a great deal written on this rifle. Perhaps the best is in German though, Das Tankgewehr Mauser 1918, by Wolfgang Kern, about 170 pages with lots of pictures. Like most German books it is printed well (good quality) and very informative – detailed. He lists many of the rifles known and location, type etc..

Gunboards-Mauser (TP’s forum) has many posts on this subject, you might look there. I have about every book on the subject, saved most of the threads, period reports, many examples recorded from collectors and internet posts or websites, but unless you have a specific question I am not sure what more there is to say about the rifle. I once wrote a brief article in the MRJ about them, mostly related to period US Army reports on the rifle and its effectiveness in battle compared to other forms of anti-tank deterrents. It is a dated article, from 2007, and much more information is known. Perhaps I will revisit it thoroughly in another article that is less embarrassing to read…

I will see if I can upload a neat little picture the US Army published in 1918 of the T-Gewehr and the Gew.98 with grenade launcher and trench cover. (my internet access is limited at the moment though... if it doesn't show then I will post it later)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 51
Not much help,but thought I would mention that there was one for sale on gunboards a week or so ago.
There was a front sight on his....but I dont rightly know you want to spend 13k for a parts gun..;>)

Hello,

I too like this rifle and collect serials for my database. you might be able to get one made and here is the best picture i could muster.

later
vaughn

Attachments

• pix120339764.jpg
    pix120339764.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 43
Thanks guys, ill have a look at the book you suggested and picture:)

I do find it odd that the bolt turns down like a ww2 k98.

Military Rifle Journal
Back