Third Party Press

1934 Banner Chinese/Japanese contract

1914mauser

I have a 1934 Banner chamber receiver rifle that is all matching with an un-marked bolt. The serial number is 87246 followed by a diamond shape. It has typical commercial proof marks. The walnut stock has at least 4 waffenampts and a Mauser banner between the take down ring and the butt on the left side.
From post on this forum I believe it may be part of what is referred to as Chinese contract K98 s. I would very much appreciate it, if from the description provided, someone can help me confirm or explain why it is or is not a Chinese contract K98. It is in very good overall condition with no rust or pitting and a very nice blue finish. I am thinking about selling it and want to know what a fair asking price is, so any idea as to value would also be appreciated. Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,

Attachments

• DSCF0667.jpg
    DSCF0667.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF0668.JPG
    DSCF0668.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF0669.jpg
    DSCF0669.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF0670.jpg
    DSCF0670.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF0671.jpg
    DSCF0671.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF0673.JPG
    DSCF0673.JPG
    278.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF0674.jpg
    DSCF0674.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF0677.jpg
    DSCF0677.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF0679.JPG
    DSCF0679.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:
82 views and not 1 reply, opinion or comment??????

Okay, I don't hear you so I tried to post some pictures, I can't seem to get them to upload. Is there anyone here who can assist me? Thank you!

Pictures

Send them via email to me and will post them up.
Or go back to the advanced option and follow the image link section (manage attachments).

My email is bruce98k@hotmail.com

Once we see the images will figure out what you have.

Images

The files were too large so I will downsize them and add them to your post.
The stock is from a Japanese contract, the barrelled action is a late series Banner K, and the rest has been renumbered or scrubbed (not period).

Thank you! that at least answers what it is in the since that it is not what it should be. When I first got it I thought it was some kind of RC. Who would of assembled the banner action with the Japanese furniture and numbered the stock to match? I assume by "the rest" you are referring to the un-numbered bolt? I am just trying to make some since of it. Someone went to a great deal of effort, even the screws match. I would expect a faker to at least make it look more like something that could be real. Perhaps they were attempting to make it appear to be a Japanese contract?

Regards,

Nice! Would like to find one of these. Pretty good condition too. Were any of these pressed into german service, or were they all delivered?

Nice find. i have 87062 with diamant proof. That's not far off! I bet they miss each other after all those years.

Military Rifle Journal
Back