Third Party Press

1937 Erma In Canada

clm128

Good afternoon gents, I am considering selling my 1937 erma, its all matching and the bolt matches itself. The gun is located in Canada, im not really in a rush to sell but i recently moved to the US and would consider selling for the right price since it may be many years before I return to Canada. Im bassically looking for some help putting a current value on this and at the same time I am open to offers.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• k98-1.jpg
    k98-1.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 69
  • k98-2.jpg
    k98-2.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 67
  • k98-3.jpg
    k98-3.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 75
  • k98-4.jpg
    k98-4.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 76
  • k98-5.jpg
    k98-5.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 81
  • k98-6.jpg
    k98-6.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 72
  • k98-8.jpg
    k98-8.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 75
  • k98-9.jpg
    k98-9.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 76
  • k98-10.jpg
    k98-10.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 78
  • k98-11.jpg
    k98-11.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 71
  • k98-12.jpg
    k98-12.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 65
  • k98-13.jpg
    k98-13.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 61
  • k98-14.jpg
    k98-14.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 61
  • k98-15.jpg
    k98-15.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 57
  • k98-16.jpg
    k98-16.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 68
some more pics

Attachments

• k98-17.jpg
    k98-17.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 18
  • k98-18.jpg
    k98-18.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 14
  • k98-19.jpg
    k98-19.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 21
  • k98-20.jpg
    k98-20.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 21
  • k98-21.jpg
    k98-21.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 20
I’d say $1400-1500 USD will put you right in the sweet spot. No more than $1600 though since it is a bolt mismatch

People can ask whatever they want. Do I think 3k cad for a bolt mm is high? Ya totally. But it is what it is.

What isn't cool though is how OP has been stringing prospective buyers along trying to squeeze as much as he can out of someone. It also really seems like he used this forum to chum the waters a bit. I know people have offered him his asking price, and he has continued to lead them on and make them wait to see if he can get a higher bidder. If that's the kind of game he wanted to play then he should have put that rifle up in an auction house.

Last edited:
People can ask whatever they want. Do I think 3k cad for a bolt mm is high? Ya probably a bit, but its Canada and decent guns are hard to come by.

What isn't cool though is how OP has been stringing prospective buyers along trying to squeeze as much as he can out of someone. It also really seems like he used this forum to chum the waters a bit. I know people have offered him his asking price, and he has continued to lead them on and make them wait to see if he can get a higher bidder. If that's the kind of game he wanted to play then he should have put that rifle up in an auction house.
Was wondering why it was still up for sale for that long . Making a bidding war is definitely not correct…

People can ask whatever they want. Do I think 3k cad for a bolt mm is high? Ya probably a bit, but its Canada and decent guns are hard to come by.

Hale, Thanks for you opinion. First thing I said when I made the post was "I'm considering selling". Please do not assume to know my intentions and please dont play the he said she said game. If I didnt respond to you fast enough I appologize. I dont owe you and explination but for what its worth I was away for the weekend and did not answer any messages regardless of the offer for this gun or for the others I listed for sale. Now that im back everyone who made me an offer has received a reply.

Finally until money has been exchaged the sale is not complete. Buyers can back out for any reason and ive sold enough things to know it happens all the time. Its not malicious intent to talk with more than one potential buyer.

Hale, Thanks for you opinion. First thing I said when I made the post was "I'm considering selling". Please do not assume to know my intentions and please dont play the he said she said game. If I didnt respond to you fast enough I appologize. I dont owe you and explination but for what its worth I was away for the weekend and did not answer any messages regardless of the offer for this gun or for the others I listed for sale. Now that im back everyone who made me an offer has received a reply.

Finally until money has been exchaged the sale is not complete. Buyers can back out for any reason and ive sold enough things to know it happens all the time. Its not malicious intent to talk with more than one potential buyer.

My concern was not around my offer. You rejected it and thats totally fine. I did not offer you your asking price.

However I know other members, perhaps on other forums though, did offer you your asking and offered to pay you immediately. In which case your response was to keep them on the line while you continued to shop the rifle around.

OP uses the words "sell" or "selling" three times and then solicits offers in the same paragraph. This is obviously his way to skirt forum selling rules by throwing in the word "considering".

My concern was not around my offer. You rejected it and thats totally fine. I did not offer you your asking price.

However I know other members, perhaps on other forums though, did offer you your asking and offered to pay you immediately. In which case your response was to keep them on the line while you continued to shop the rifle around.

Again....your assuming my intentions and actions.

OP uses the words "sell" or "selling" three times and then solicits offers in the same paragraph. This is obviously his way to skirt forum selling rules by throwing in the word "considering".
I posted this word for word in the forum trader and was told by admin to post it here for discussion. Not trying to screw anyone here, not trying to skirt the rules and certianly not trying to get into arguements.

I don't really want to get into this, but you kinda lied just now. Whatever your intentions were, you made a listing on cgn for this rifle the same time you started this thread. So, you clearly intended to sell this rifle.

Hey clm128 have you owned this rifle for a time or did you buy it for $1800 not too long ago and trying to double your money? 🤑

Stop trying to bleed the community for every last cent 👎

I don't really want to get into this, but you kinda lied just now. Whatever your intentions were, you made a listing on cgn for this rifle the same time you started this thread. So, you clearly intended to sell this rifle.
and the OP clearly said im open to offers. I didnt deny or lie about that. MrB said I was trying to skirt the rules I only stated that I did what the adims told me to do.

and the OP clearly said im open to offers. I didnt deny or lie about that. MrB said I was trying to skirt the rules I only stated that I did what the adims told me to do.
I'm still calling BS on that. Your cgn ad was created on the 9th (Thursday) at 9:07am, with the last edit at 9:29am. You already had a price of 3k flat before posting here. Moreover, no where does it say "open to offers" on cgn.

Good afternoon gents, I am considering selling my 1937 erma,
Clearly you intend to sell the rifle, or you wouldn’t have posted it in our Trader section, AND other venues simultaneously.

“its all matching and the bolt matches itself” even to a sixth grade student, these statements are mutually exclusive. IF the first were true, the bolt would match the rifle. There’s no room for qualifiers in the term “all matching”, it means ALL MATCHING, and brings a premium. Yours is a bolt mismatch, plain & simple. (in any language)

Please stop insulting our intelligence with this drivel.

Military Rifle Journal
Back