Third Party Press

1940 ax

No this is the Wrong Section , You need to list Your Rifle in the (Trader Section) . Best Regards

additional ax pics

9822.jpg9823.jpg9824.jpg9825.jpg9825.jpg9826.jpg9827.jpg9828.jpg9829.jpg9830.jpg9831.jpg

OK here are the pictures that I have sorry for duplicates Thank you all for your time. Hope these are helpful
Marty

Looks to be mostly correct minus the bolt (as you have already pointed out), but I am too new to the game to tell you for sure. The markings that I can discern from your pictures look to be correct. A couple of questions on some aspects that caught my eye and that I would like to understand/gain more data on:

1. Can you get a better picture of the waffenampt on the rear sight leaf spring? Couldn't make out the code in the current picture (picture id is #198613). Does not appear the be an e/280, appears to be an e/63 (Mauser Oberndorf). Someone with more experience with "ax" rifles may be able to shed some more light on this.

2. The stock channel looked dark in the picture, but this could just be the lighting. Do you have any pictures of the inside of the handguard?

3. Rear sight guide picture was taken with the guide in the upper most limit when the leaf is extended. The serial number in your pictures shows only the first and last numbers, I am guessing that it has all four but the the "66" is obscured by the guide.

4. Does the crack in the stock go through to the left side? Do you have any pictures of the left side of the stock/rifle?

Might have missed some pictures, so apologies if you have already posted them.

Bolt could be out of a ce/43, need more to assess though, - bottom flat is blank on ce/43/s, but the fonts are consistent. The rear sight spring being e/63 is a little unusual, you do not show the RS slide lock view but what you do show of the RS looks right.

Actually the rifle, so far as you show, looks right, though it would be useful if you could photograph the full barrel code, - specifically is there anything before the "8" 40 Ru? I suspect there is...

Not sure what you want to know regarding the rifle, but it is largely correct. Decent maker-date in this condition, not rare, but better than average.

Bolt could be out of a ce/43, need more to assess though, - bottom flat is blank on ce/43/s, but the fonts are consistent. The rear sight spring being e/63 is a little unusual, you do not show the RS slide lock view but what you do show of the RS looks right.

Actually the rifle, so far as you show, looks right, though it would be useful if you could photograph the full barrel code, - specifically is there anything before the "8" 40 Ru? I suspect there is...

Not sure what you want to know regarding the rifle, but it is largely correct. Decent maker-date in this condition, not rare, but better than average.

I thank you for your time. I not knowing a great deal on this subject. I wish to get information about it from people that know.

Military Rifle Journal
Back