Third Party Press

A camera ride down the bore of a 1939 bSw R/C

With a barrel like that, I’ll offer you whatever the value is of the copper deposits in the barrel :) . All jokes aside, It sounds like a nice rifle!

Playing around with a digital borescope that I've had for a while.

Edited to add that this rifle is very accurate.

Thanks a lot. What model of borescope do you have ?
The copper has been there for quite a while 😀
IMHO, it is representative of the condition of most early K98ks (the exception being those who served little, sat on a rack, had careful owners, and weren’t neglected post-war. Obviously a 1939 has more chances of being damaged than a 1944).

Thanks a lot. What model of borescope do you have ?
The copper has been there for quite a while 😀
IMHO, it is representative of the condition of most early K98ks (the exception being those who served little, sat on a rack, had careful owners, and weren’t neglected post-war. Obviously a 1939 has more chances of being damaged than a 1944).

The borescope is a Teslong. It's pretty good as far as I can tell. I need to run it down the barrels of my Arisaka and Mosin.....

People would be surprised/shocked at how "bad" most of their old military barrels actually look when you put a bore scope on them. Barrels that look really nice down the muzzle actually look a lot like the one in these photos! Even with many modern rifles my friends are shocked at how their barrels look through a bore scope like the Teslong.

Last edited:
I couldnt own a tool like that. It would make me want to scrub every bbl I owned until the lands were gone and no remains of fouling are left.

I have one of the cheapo Teslong bore scopes a friend gave me when he "upgraded". It is pretty damn impressive for as cheap as they are. Just wish it worked with my Iphone so I could take it with me....

I think our bored may be a little rougher than we imagine. Probably a good thing we all don’t have bore scopes. It’s why the lights are turned way down in strip joints.....Thanks Xwarp.

Military Rifle Journal
Back