Third Party Press

A Port K98k with matching bayonet I recently sold

Steve87

Big Sexy Steve (not gay)
Please delete

Hi,

This thread was regarding a Port K98k I sold several years ago - Please remove.

Thanks!
-Steve

Last edited:
Looks 100% to me, obviously except the sanding.

It is possible that it never had a port crest, there are a few known examples without the crest.

But its the right type of wood, the right looking wood, and correct numbering inside and out.

Wow that's a real beauty! Even with a little light sanding, it's definitely a solid collector's piece! The bolt cut out doesn't look sanded at all. With the matching bayonet this is a highly sought after rifle! The new owner is a lucky guy.

Thanks guys!!!

I know it is exactly as described, but sometimes some extra opinions help to assure someone it's all okay and exactly as the seller stated. I am a collector too and know sometimes when you first start out it's hard to know what you're looking at -- and with so many fakes out there it's hard to know who to trust.

Man, I don't care what anyone says, it's beautiful, I'll take it!!!!!

Maybe the new owner will sell it to you if he's still not convinced! ;) ;)

-Steve

Hi every one,I am the buyer of this nice 98K,but only one thing I have confuse that is why have no port crest and 135 proof on the stock?is that normal?I am new on this model,so I am really appericate for all the reply!thanks all!

That is a really great Port other than the sanding. I really love the rejected tg and the ink stamp transfer on to the wood is fantastic! Nice pics!

While I still owned this rifle I took a detailed look for any remnants of the crest and other markings on the stock and didn't see even a trace of them.

While the stock is definitely original, we will probably never know if this one had the crest and it was lost when the stock was sanded or if it was never applied at the factory.

I seem to recall that some left the factory without crests, and others have even surfaced just like this one with only the serial number -- but there are more knowledgeable Port K98 experts on here than me.

Thanks,
-Steve

Military Rifle Journal
Back