Third Party Press

AC 44 G43 C block

Kilroy96

Hi all,

I’m new to G43s and picked up a nice rifle I was hoping to get more info on. It’s made in may of 1944 by Walther (to my knowledge) and has the serrated front sight, threaded muzzle cap, flat bottomed stock, bolt hold open and all matching numbers. The stock was repaired by me, it had been duffel cut and by the GI who brought it back and the saw left about a 1/16” gap, so I used basswood to make a blank so it was the correct length and made the repair with dowels to ensure a secure long lasting repair. Everything on the gun is matching and original with the exception of the sling being a reproduction. Upon further inspection I was really pleased so see the bolt housing was not damaged at all and the rear receiver is nice and straight leading me to believe this gun has not been abused and is structurally sound to shoot (after the installation of a shooters kit of course). If anyone has more info on the rifle please let me know as I love the history behind these old firearms. Please see pictures below

Attachments

• tempImageE6kBij.png
    tempImageE6kBij.png
    523.4 KB · Views: 72
  • tempImageUDWGbF.png
    tempImageUDWGbF.png
    531.5 KB · Views: 68
  • tempImageUPFObE.png
    tempImageUPFObE.png
    373.3 KB · Views: 69
  • tempImage0M801n.png
    tempImage0M801n.png
    492.3 KB · Views: 72
Okay thanks. Just wanted to confirm.

Yes, I have recent gunbroker history from 04-13-23 on the rifle. No further history.

Sorry, I don’t have the link to it. The seller was “GunswithDutch” out of Clifton, VA. Everything from that description he had shows your rifle. I just added that you have now fixed the duffle cut.

Sorry, I don’t have the link to it. The seller was “GunswithDutch” out of Clifton, VA. Everything from that description he had shows your rifle. I just added that you have now fixed the duffle cut.
No problem, I’d there any record if it online? I would like to see if I can track down the origional family who brought it back. Thanks!

That’ll be pretty hard to do, but not impossible. Dealers don’t usually cooperate with historians. I have a gorgeous bring back ac45 that looks like it was captured at the factory. I knew a vet’s family brought it to the dealer, but the dealer wouldn’t help me out with that information. Hope you can find out on yours.

that's fair enough, privacy is fair considering the state of our hobby. is there any way to pull up the gun broker page that you found my rifle on? id like to see what it went for and possibly who bought it (I bought it in a local sale in TX) thanks very much!

I’m sorry, but I didn’t keep the auction information or link. I just noted who was selling it and a description of the rifle. Not sure, but I think too much time has passed for the auction to still be on their site. They usually disappear after a certain amount of time.

Military Rifle Journal
Back