Third Party Press

Amazing change for the better over time

Am I'm stupid or does the description of the rifle in this link says "WITH AN UN SANDED UN TOUCHED SOLID WALNUT ROUGHLY MADE STOCK" but pictures show a rifle with a laminate stock?!

Yes that is what it says. :googlie Someone else also caught that earlier.

Yes! A couple write a damn fantasy novel for every rifle. My favorite though has to be the sweaty Ben sales pitch. "Every number I can see matches" and some other drivel and then the closer.. "but we just don't know". IMO that's his get off the hook line when someone later learns all or most of the markings are faked.

Fwiw, I believe he absolutely knows.

Definitely Ol’ Sweaty Ben with the “table o’ humped door-bashing buttplate Mauers” has the best sales pitch ever! HE HUMPED ALL OF THEM and the stamp and hammer are still warm (and sweaty) as he starts the video. This Scotty guy appears to be every bit as innocent/guilty.

I mean selling a rifle dishonestly IS DISHONEST whether you yourself humped it or not. Descriptions that are at best misleading and at worst outright lying are both injurious to the potential buyer. I agree the buyers should do their research, but setting out to sell a rifle as anything other than what it really is, is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without a doubt, all of them know except for maybe .001% that's 'an honest mistake'....and that number may be too high.

Agreed, they know. They are quite aware of what they are doing.

Definitely Ol’ Sweaty Ben with the “table o’ humped door-bashing buttplate Mauers” has the best sales pitch ever! HE HUMPED ALL OF THEM and the stamp and hammer are still warm (and sweaty) as he starts the video. This Scotty guy appears to be every bit as innocent/guilty.

I mean selling a rifle dishonestly IS DISHONEST whether you yourself humped it or not. Descriptions that are at best misleading and at worst outright lying are both injurious to the potential buyer. I agree the buyers should do their research, but setting out to sell a rifle as anything other than what it really is, is wrong.

But..... (from the main page)

At Pre98 Antiques, we take pride in our superior customer service and guarantee the authenticity of each item, and the accuracy of its description. We will always do our best to assure a pleasant and mutually beneficial relationship with you.

lol

It is a shame that he has sunk so low. I have known him at least 20 years. Some have counted on him on the 1911 forum. I have warned them, rely on no one seller. He gets some good ones and some crap. Homework is essential. Ask the knowing before buying. Thanks Bruce. Collectors gotta work to help each other.

Other than the rifle being about 1000 bucks or so overpriced even if it really was legit and untouched, this also cracked me up:

THE CHATTER MARKS ON THE STOCK WILL DRIVE COLLECTORS INTO A FIT OF FRENZY

Lol! Seriously? I mean, a late, raw, untouched stock is nice and all but...a frenzy? Really? :laugh: Why, some of us might even get the vapors!

He's the ultimate middle man... scours the shows hammering on everyone for a better price so he can double his $$ or more !! But, that is capitalism and I have no issue with it just he doesn't see the double standard... cause he's doing it. LOL

When we deal with each other here we are cutting out the middle man. I try to sell everything here. I haven't listed anything on Gunbonker in years. Even then, it is invariably mass market stuff.

Current thread

Guys as most of you know, I too move nearly all my dupes and pickups here on the forum.
Its a matter of principle. Yea I could get a higher return on GB but its not all about the money.

Would rather see our guys get stuff and yes, "cut the middle man out"!

As for some of the dealers out there, they are causing major pain since they are buying items at retail and then
marking it up in some cases 2x retail or fair market value. That is a problem!

it wont stop till guys stop paying those prices...In a market trend on some stuff I don't see it stopping soon.. 1911's in particular .

Scotty's black widow rigs have jumps three times + since I started watching.. I assume he just throws shite at the wall and see if it sticks. Now they are over 5k !!! Yikes. and they sell..

I can see paying a slight premium for items that are hard to find from the comfort of your home. But, some of these prices are nuts.

it wont stop till guys stop paying those prices...In a market trend on some stuff I don't see it stopping soon.. 1911's in particular .

Scotty's black widow rigs have jumps three times + since I started watching.. I assume he just throws shite at the wall and see if it sticks. Now they are over 5k !!! Yikes. and they sell..

I can see paying a slight premium for items that are hard to find from the comfort of your home. But, some of these prices are nuts.
Well said mauser99.

Guys as most of you know, I too move nearly all my dupes and pickups here on the forum.
Its a matter of principle. Yea I could get a higher return on GB but its not all about the money.

Would rather see our guys get stuff and yes, "cut the middle man out"!

As for some of the dealers out there, they are causing major pain since they are buying items at retail and then
marking it up in some cases 2x retail or fair market value. That is a problem!

Selling and buying from each other here is the safest. We have so many members who sale their stuff honestly, just be patient and buy here.

On Scotty personally, I like him. His weight has gotten a bit better but I would love to see another 100 lbs go away for his health. I am betting thyroid is not the problem, it rarely is but any doc worth a 10 cent visit would check that. He got really big for a while. Scott G. of 1911 fame lost about 300 lbs but is getting bigger after his surgery. This is typical. The surgery is not worth it folks, it is a temporary fix but a forever problem. Hope if works out for both of them health wise.

As Matt points out, exercise is essential. My research paper on weight control in 1978 was using an informed diet and exercise to control weight. A better system has yet to emerge IMO. Their is no easy fix like surgery. Watch your diet and exercise. It is math, calories in vs calories used. Surgery is a can of worms, did much anesthesia for the folks, which is a PIA, but most folks who have it say they would not do it again. That is strong denouncement. Mortality rate is pretty darn high.

The reality is you can package sh!t in nice shiny wrapping paper, market it well and people will stand in line, fighting over the right to own it.....

Agreed, I try to buy and sell through forums. I frequent the retail sites just for the eye candy. I just thought there was irony in the middle man saying cut out the middle man :laugh:

FWIW I cannot get the idea of this association out of my head. The logistics, the technology to stream line and keep costs down so it's something affordable, the model behind the various levels of certifications, the setup at shows.. my brain just keeps churning and churning.

Military Rifle Journal
Back