Third Party Press

Ammunition

I was cruising another site the other day

seems centerfire had Czech 8mm for sale at the fair price ( in todays terms) it amazes me that this was not picked up on. "by the I need ammo crowd", well its all sold as of a few days ago. I really was not paying attention. even though I got their ad last month before christmas

the interesting thing was it was mixed with Bulgy 8mm and East German steel case in the original boxes. I m still seeing yugo M-49 for sale at around 50 cents a round, this is great fodder for those "Shooter" K-98's. soon this stuff will be $1 a round or more.

for those who say, I searched high and low, and did not find any!!!!!!! there was plenty 8mm for sale ( at the sellers asking price) in the EE section of AR-15.com as of 2 days ago

Good luck

Dave... What primers are you using for the 8mm? And what powder do you recommend for shooting a BCD G43 with matching mount in pristine unmolested condition?

I'm currently use CCI # 34 which is mil spec 7.62 (large rifle) but use Remington also. I have used IMR4064 forever in 308 & 30/06 and its worked well in 8x57 also. I just started using IMR 4166 as its gotten good reviews from users, IMR advertised it as being ideal for both 8mm and 308 right on the container. Accuracy is very good in G & k98 and it burns cleaner with a copper foul reducing agent.

Of coarse you know you would get the wrath of the collector Gods come down on you for shooting your matching mount in pristine unmolested condition with or without a shooter kit right! :facepalm:

But if you load your own then 150 bullet over 41.0 gns of 4166 or 4064.

I'm currently use CCI # 34 which is mil spec 7.62 (large rifle) but use Remington also. I have used IMR4064 forever in 308 & 30/06 and its worked well in 8x57 also. I just started using IMR 4166 as its gotten good reviews from users, IMR advertised it as being ideal for both 8mm and 308 right on the container. Accuracy is very good in G & k98 and it burns cleaner with a copper foul reducing agent.

Of coarse you know you would get the wrath of the collector Gods come down on you for shooting your matching mount in pristine unmolested condition with or without a shooter kit right! :facepalm:

But if you load your own then 150 bullet over 41.0 gns of 4166 or 4064.

Thanks Dave. I’ll see if I can get those components (good luck) and do some reloading. I have all the reloading stuff but no primers. Currently I shoot PPU 8mm but don’t shoot the k43s often....

I was joking about the bcd... I don’t own one and if I did I wouldn’t shoot it. I was trying to get them all railed up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Dave. I’ll see if I can get those components (good luck) and do some reloading. I have all the reloading stuff but no primers. Currently I shoot PPU 8mm but don’t shoot the k43s often....

I was joking about the bcd... I don’t own one and if I did I wouldn’t shoot it. I was trying to get them all railed up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Primers are the issue, But don't pass up Federal, Winchester, S&B brands, They are all good. Right now it comes to whatever you can get for the price you want to pay.
The load info I posted is a light load so you will most likely have to adj your sight/ POI

I have an original WW2 German pack of primers for 8mm I might be persueded to let go. DSC03412.jpg

8mm ammunition

Not that I intend to shoot my RC K98 much, but was looking at some ammo I purchased a few years ago. Made by PWA out of Romania. Labeled as FMJ with lead core, steel case. Read some things about AK ammo being steel case and steel bullet. Put a magnet to the PWA stuff and bullet was very magnetic, able to lift the round with the magnet. Took a file to the brass colored bullet and found color was just a wash, actual bullet is steel with lead core. Probably dont want to shoot in your 98 unless you have a shot out barrel already.

Military Rifle Journal
Back