Third Party Press

ar41 e block Kriegsmarine

CanadianAR

Canadian Grizzly Eh
Staff member
Salty and untouched almost to a fault but a Canadian vet bringback. ar41 with the Nordsee N on the buttplate and takedown disc, and e/M on the stock. The exposed metal is essentially brown, I keep rubbing with an oily cloth and its alot better then it was but still brown. I dont want to go too far and have white metal showing though either. Other then the bolt and rod, it matches to the screws. You can see the condition under the wood or other metal is very high, with the bands moved you can see the stark contrast. This is the rifle the guy posted here asking how to restore, I gave him cash for a hunting rifle and scope which he was happy about, and this will rest with its brothers and sisters now. The bolt is from a b block G.29/40. I have several 1940 b block 29/40 navy guns recorded so i feel like it legitimately got mixed up in theatre. Odds of finding another KM range bolt in like condition? Slim IMO. My second Kriegsmarine gun, salty but I like it.

Data

ar41 1609e bolt mm Barrel code: 606-40 Do e/26 e/26 e/26

Sight hood - blued

Front sight base - blued, e/140

Front band- blued, milled, 1609, e/26

Rear band- milled, blued, 1609, e/26

Band Spring- blued, milled, e/26

Bayo lug- blued, 09, e/26

Hand guard- RGL, 1609

Sight leaf- blued, 1609, e/26

Sight slide - blued, 1609, e/26

Sight Lock- blued, 09, e/26

Rear sight base- blued, e/26, e/26

Ramp- blued, 1609, e/26

Barrel- blued, proofed, 1609e,

Receiver- blued, ar41, proofed, 1609e, e/26x3 on right side. Matched cursive L on rec and barrel.

Trigger guard- blued, milled, 1609 , e/26, e/26

Floor plate - blued, milled,1609 , e/26

Follower- blued, e/26, 09

Bolt- MM

Safety - MM

Bolt Sleeve- MM

Cocking Piece- MM

Firing pin- MM

Extractor- MM

Ejector box- blued, 09 , e/26

Ejector screw- blued

Front action screw- blued, 09

Rear action screw - blued, 09

Trigger- blued, e/26

Sear- white, 09, e/26, e/26

Stock: Side: RGL, e/M, E/waa26, e/26, Wrist: E/waa26, e/26, Keel: P, 1609e, E/26, e/26
Laminate code : Br
Date: 4-12-1941 Ink stamp under buttplate

Recoil Lug: e/26

Butt plate - e/26, 1609e, Kriegsmarine N marked

full.jpgDSC_0695.jpgDSC_0686.jpgstock.jpgmorestock.jpgband.jpgjj.jpgDSC_0707.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool! The condition reminds me of my barn find k block. It's a shame it wasn't stored better but I honestly like the look of it and it fits in your collection perfectly.

Love it!

I can't believe you spotted that N on buttplate. Good eye.

Thanks guys. Yes, Bill, looking forward to it!

Anyone else have the same N on the buttplate?

Thanks guys. Yes, Bill, looking forward to it!

Anyone else have the same N on the buttplate?

I thought You told us there were no k98`s in Canada ???? Specially Vet Bring Backs . Your just trying to get all of our K98`s too aren't You !!!!! :biggrin1:

By the way Nice Rifle !!!! :thumbsup:

the one I owned resides in RADOMMANS collection I don't recall if it had the N on the buttplate ? It did have the N on the disc with no fleet #.
I don't think it was common practice to strike an N on the butt plate. It's posted here Im sure but buried.

Military Rifle Journal
Back