Third Party Press

ar41 m block

They are not an easy find here, trust me. Good to see you again this year at SOS. Good legit examples are few and far between.

Was Good seeing you again too. Already looking forward
To next year. Haha. I'm still waiting for my purchases too. Lol.

I saw this on my "smart" phone yesterday and thought it looked great. Now seeing on the big screen at home it's even more impressive! Congratulations!

Beautiful rifle!! It never ceases to amaze me what is still out there. Thanks for sharing and congrats on a truly beautiful and very difficult to find rifle!!

K98ks in Canada

Excellent pictures and breakdown of your ar41. Congrats on the find! The more I hang around this forum, the more I appreciate these rifles with honest wear.

With that being said, why are K98ks so difficult to find in Canada? Seems like there are quite a few Canadian collectors on the forum. How did the majority of the K98ks end up in Canada? Were they ever imported like here in the US? Was it common for Canadian soldiers to bringback K98k souvenirs like the American GIs did?

-1011Z

We were not allowed to bring Home weapons as souvenirs in ww2. So we actually have lots of ww2 German pistols, but not many rifles. I'm sure we got some of the imports but we are 1/10 the aoE of the USA, so they just never was as many. Also a lot of spirterizatiom hahaha

Beautiful rifle there, makes my ar41 look like junk. Finds like yours keep me hoping to find one that nice. Very nice pics too.

Thx gunnut. I was very happy.

Still trying to upload the pics for sticky but having issues.

Gorgeous rifle and a great find! As was already stated I love the honest wear myself. I'd take this in a heartbeat over that lacquered purple monstrosity that was discussed last week. This is much more MY idea of "museum quality". Congrats!

5bb3d797f7d418e679cd25c51d7b01f2.jpg
mate. It's is a lot nicer than my g block ar41 RC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An excellent rifle, very tough to find this nice too. For whatever reason, one can assume the campaign in Russia, 1941 and 1942 production is very difficult to find in upper grades; of course 1935-1937 is tough due to low production and being so early, 1938-1940 fairly common because so many were made, but 1941-1943 production was stable and roughly the same each year, 1942 the lowest slightly and easily the hardest to find of the war years (1942 is a killer year to find a straight up MB, the "dual-codes" make up a huge percentage of ar/42's and straight ar/42 are damn difficult, some blocks the "duel codes" strongly out number regular ar/42... one should remember that these "dual codes" are just regular production with an added ordnance code, and in MB's case they are more common than regular production in many cases).

Anyway, this rifle is about as nice as they get, I doubt there are many ar/41's nicer.

That's interesting info. I have an ar 41 and an ar 42. The '42 is matching except for the bolt.

A straight up ar/42 is hard to find, in upper grades especially. From a pure code perspective (collecting by actual code), it is probably the rarest for 1942. While it is true that MB in 1942 is not as rare as dou/42 or BLM/42, and it is about equal to SDP/42, its diverse receiver sub-contracting makes it a code collecting rarity. You have the ERMA receivers, the Walther receivers, the Astrawerke receivers and the ones actually made by MB. Though, due to the flighty nature of the average collector, only the "dual codes" seem to be appreciated for their uniqueness, and the irony is that in the case of Astrawerke receivers, they are the most commonly encountered (people that collect bcd/ar 42's are collecting the "most common" version of ar/42!).

This works out well for those that stay informed, - who know that a straight up or Walther made receiver is scarcer, and the Walther's are probably of the same number as the ERMA's, though for whatever reason the ERMA's are damn difficult to find in good condition.

The window for opportunity is probably closing for this advantage, Bruce will probably reveal this in some way and I fully intend to reveal many production "secrets" on my 98k website.

That's interesting info. I have an ar 41 and an ar 42. The '42 is matching except for the bolt.

Military Rifle Journal
Back