Third Party Press

Bayonet Photo

grimlin13

Just got this pic.Check out his bayonet. No modifications as far as I can see. Sorry about the quality of the pic, my scanner took a dump and I used the pics from the sellers add.

Attachments

• unmodified bayo.jpg
    unmodified bayo.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 74
  • unmodified bayo2.jpg
    unmodified bayo2.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Appears to be a Czech Vz24 bayonet in original, issue condition. Even in B & W, one can see the steel of the grip is bright metal but the crossguard with muzzlering appears subdued due to the gray finish applied to it (and the blade). I have looked for (but never found) a German-issued Belgian FN Model 1924 bayonet Sg 105(b). Though not used by the Belgian military and made for export, some numbers must have been taken by the German Army when they captured Fabrique National. This would apply to the same bayonet used by nations such as Lithuania, whom acquired them along with rifles they purchased from FN prior to WW2. One of the problems with the
FN Model 24 is so many were produced (and in varying lengths) after WW2, they can be confused with pre-WW2 made examples.

Last edited:
Agree with pocosol. Also looks to be a Czech or Austrian frog .....?

The name on backside is in german sutterlin first is mostly Philiph which means probably not a german version name, possible belgian or netherland or french? Or it was used in that period in this form? German use the version Philipp.
the bayonet is czechoslovak Vz24 most real in CS frog.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back