Third Party Press

BCD 4 I just picked up, also a couple of questions.

brunnels

Hello everyone, i just acquired my 3rd K98 (these suckers are addictive). Its a 1944 BCD 4 that appears to be all matching except the firing pin, and front band. The seller told me he picked up what he believed to be a front band off of a Israeli K98 since there is a hole drilled on the left side of the band. My question is what band would be correct for this rifle, as i would at least like to get it as correct as possible even if it won't match the serial number. Also the trigger plate is stamped BYF, i have seen a few other BCD 4's with BYF trigger plates, but i was just wanting to confirm if BYF trigger plates were used of BCD 4 rifles. Thanks in advance for any help. Pictures below.

7nGmGQr.jpg

837mj8k.jpg

0XOBUlK.jpg

ryAK5rc.jpg

8L4QdLB.jpg

SSI8Rcd.jpg

acVCq02.jpg

JR04MfH.jpg

f5LfV4j.jpg

It has a bcd coded receiver but it was assembled and serial-numbered at Sauer within ce 44 production. It appears to be in the v block. Most likely it would have had stamped upper and lower bands. To the best of my knowledge Sauer never stopped numbering the bands, so the missing band would have been numbered to the rifle. The unnumbered byf trigger guard is most likely original to the rifle and is pretty typical for ce 44.

It has a bcd coded receiver but it was assembled and serial-numbered at Sauer within ce 44 production. It appears to be in the v block. Most likely it would have had stamped upper and lower bands. To the best of my knowledge Sauer never stopped numbering the bands, so the missing band would have been numbered to the rifle. The unnumbered byf trigger guard is most likely original to the rifle and is pretty typical for ce 44.

Thanks for the info. The lower band is numbered and matches, its just the upper band was replaced for whatever reason.

It is actually a w-block rifle, it would have been serialed to the rifle, and every w-block I have recorded have stamped front bands, though solid milled are known in prior blocks (but as late as the x-block, solid milled are known, - but are serialed...).

It is actually a w-block rifle, it would have been serialed to the rifle, and every w-block I have recorded have stamped front bands, though solid milled are known in prior blocks (but as late as the x-block, solid milled are known, - but are serialed...).

I have a serialed front band if you are interested. Not an expert, so not sure if it's correct. It came with a BCD stock I have.
Thanks,
bob in okc

Military Rifle Journal
Back