Third Party Press

bcd 42 (East German Refurb)

agentcq

I believe this to be one of the East German Refurb K98's, but it does not have any VoPo markings. Otherwise, everything is the same as every other East German rifle I have come across. This is a heavily refurbished, re-blued rifle with early and late war parts that is mostly stamped forced matched except for the safety. I just thought a little interesting and certainly not as common as an RC or Norge.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 49
Thanks for posting this one! The "K[number] in a square" are typical for East German guns, as well as the way of numbering.

T

You don’t see these very often. Nice example
I have it listed in the Great White North, I won't post a link, but any Canadian collectors could find it easily and it will certainly be an upgrade from an RC, I happen to have a nicer example, so this one is surplus to my needs. The gentleman I purchased it from had a really interesting Commercial Mauser Sporting rifle, but it was ridden hard and put away wet. Mauser commercial butt pad, claw bases (missing scope and someone tried to pound the bases out so peened to heck), almost no bluing and chambered in 300 Savage of all things. If it had the scope or if it was in a more interesting caliber, I would have picked it up to and maybe had it refinished as it had the potential to make a nice hunting rifle.

Military Rifle Journal
Back