Third Party Press

black and light brown leather equipment

Interesting photo.

I recently bought a couple of K98k ammo pouches, one made in 1939 and the other made in 1936. Both are all black except for the backs, which are brown.

Thanks!
I only wanted to illustrate that the light brown ammo puches have nothing to do with the Afrika Korps, as some people think.

Most German military leather items were brown untill the conversion to all black in about 39/40 - after the war strated. The result was that the face of everything brown was dyed black. Very little of this had the back side dyed.
Never heard any assoc made with Afrika Korps before.
Sarge

Most German military leather items were brown untill the conversion to all black in about 39/40 - after the war strated. The result was that the face of everything brown was dyed black. Very little of this had the back side dyed.

That's cool. Thanks, Sarge. That explains my ammo pouches.

Never heard any assoc made with Afrika Korps before.
Sarge

It is generally know, that the light brown ammo pouches have nothing to do with the Afrika Korps. But some dealers still try to sell them as AK pouches. Two pairs at the SOS. One pair was offered for only $380!! The other pair ("100 % original AK pouches") sold, but I do not remember for how much.

Military Rifle Journal
Back