Third Party Press

bnz 4. What do I have? Help, please

You can get them from $99-$350 depending on condition and originality. I have excellent examples but at the higher end price as they more often than not come with matching metal and are in excellent condition. You can find Russian captured or Yugo captures for $99-$250 but they are renumbered, well used and abused and generally have heavy dirt or shellac on them. Cheap and would do the trick, but look ugly to me. A correct stock from me would run $275-$350 depending on markings and condition. But would have matching bands, bayo lug, butt plate cross lug, band spring(not always matching), hand guard and at times trigger guard assembly.

My bnz

You can get them from $99-$350 depending on condition and originality. I have excellent examples but at the higher end price as they more often than not come with matching metal and are in excellent condition. You can find Russian captured or Yugo captures for $99-$250 but they are renumbered, well used and abused and generally have heavy dirt or shellac on them. Cheap and would do the trick, but look ugly to me. A correct stock from me would run $275-$350 depending on markings and condition. But would have matching bands, bayo lug, butt plate cross lug, band spring(not always matching), hand guard and at times trigger guard assembly.

You've seen pictures of my bnz4 rifle. With one of your stocks, what would be a guesstimate of the value that would sell (not sit on GB for months)? Remember, the bolt does not match. I would rate the finish at about 70-75% original patina, no rust of pitting. Bore is perfect. Thanks. Steve

Last edited:
My bnz

I am probably wrong, but from what I have been lead to believe, the later bnz would not have all the metal. Would one built late '44 have the bayonet lug and the stock have the bolt takedown metal or just the drilled hole? Do you have one like that?

I do not, latest one I have would be normal configuration. Probably for 1942-mid 1944 byf rifles. Plus if you are trying to sell it, don't spend more money in hopes of greater value. No matter what stock you add it will not be the original stock. If yours would require a very late stock like you described, and it had no serial numbers, you're talking a stock that would be near impossible to locate and would likely cost $550-$1,000 just for the stock and metal. I'd sell what you have as is and try to get the most out of it if you are looking to sell.

My bnz4

You guys have been great in helping identify my bnz4. Since I'm not smart enough or have the resources (time and money), I'll stick with collecting carbines and Garands. If anyone is interested, I just put it on GB. I still want a volume 2. Thanks- Steve

Military Rifle Journal
Back