Third Party Press

bnz. 44 is it a real Rune ?

1234USMC

So let me start by saying I'm new to collecting and this will be my first k98. I've been looking very diligently for the right one at the right price. I've done about a solid three days of self-educating but I can't nail this one down. The rifle I'm looking at is a bnz 44 RC and has a single SS rune. Lots of talk about what's fake and what's not. If I can pick this one up I think it would be a cool beginner peace to the collection but if it's a fake Rune that kind of ruins it for me ,no pun intended. Thanks in advance!

https://imgur.com/gallery/UIjfu

Fake. No SS contract rifles will have a letter suffix with the serial number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know thank you. Part of why I love the k98 is these types of intricacies. You all have to pardon my ignorance for a little whil, my learning has just begun, and I'm not quite sure it will ever end either haha

I was a noob last year to this site and im learning a lot ! There are some helpful and fantastic folks on here.

Good to know thank you. Part of why I love the k98 is these types of intricacies. You all have to pardon my ignorance for a little whil, my learning has just begun, and I'm not quite sure it will ever end either haha

You found the best place and did the right thing asking about it, and saved yourself from buying a bad rifle. Welcome and never stop reading and learning. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a "single rune" rifle from the same seller because it had a BSW stock. I couldn't care less if it was an SS contract so when I found out the marking was fake I wasn't too upset haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back