Third Party Press

BNZ45 on a 44 receiver

Very nice one, I almost bid on it on GB but decided against it.
I gravitate towards the anomalies. Odd sized laminate stock or hand guard. No top final. Punch mark 'hardness tests'. Even upsides down fonts.

I've wondered (and commented about) the appearance of early parts much later in builds. I fully believe that when serious supply disruptions occurred the staff was told to scour the place and find every part that may have fallen behind something or were in the back of some storeroom.

For those manufacturers who were forced into the use of stamped bits (mostly bottom metal) it's almost inconceivable that those shipments covering of hundreds of miles in '44 or early '45 wouldn't have been interdicted.

Last edited:
Nice rifle and a really interesting variation too. Maybe I should get around to picking a t block BNZ 45, all the nice ones posted here sure make them look tempting...

great score ! glad it worked out for you..Looks much better now. I wonder how close it is to Nick's Bnz44/45 t block ??

Very Cool, nice find! My 44 T block is 320 so good deal earlier than this one, mine has a pinstripe laminate handguard, couldn't tell from the picture but does yours as well?

Nick

That’s a cool one no doubt. I’d probably put the recoil lug right myself. But I don’t rethink it matters much.

Yes, the bolt shroud is fantastic. If anyone has one of these rough forged and partially machined loose, I would be very interested in buying.

At the risk of sounding stupid, I don’t see 1945 anywhere. Also, what is the significance of the ‘T’ block rifles?

Military Rifle Journal
Back