Third Party Press

BYF 43 P38 W/Papers

ugafx4

I buy capture paper guns
Staff member
Picked this up as a BIN on Gunbroker. Run of the mill G Block P38 in great condition. What intrigued me was of course the paperwork. I have not seen papers like this before, and it came with duplicate copies of everything. Papers are from the Mediterranean Theater of Operations (MTOUSA) and one of them is from the Adriatic Base Command Headquarters APO 388. which is in Bari, Italy. I found the soldiers obituary and it says he received a bronze star. I will hopefully get some further research done on him in the near future, I am interested to see where this was earned.

There are two quotes from the papers I really enjoy. I circled them in the photos so you can see where they are. The first is calling the pistol, "an authorized War Trophy". You do not see them referred to as War Trophies too much. The second line I really love is "It has been determined that their value as a moral factor exceeds their military value." What an awesome quote.

Attachments

• IMG_9234 (Large).jpg
    IMG_9234 (Large).jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_9241 (Large).jpg
    IMG_9241 (Large).jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_9242 (Large).JPG
    IMG_9242 (Large).JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 82
  • attachment-1 (Large).jpg
    attachment-1 (Large).jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 93
  • attachment-2 (Large).jpg
    attachment-2 (Large).jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 75
  • attachment-3 (Large).jpg
    attachment-3 (Large).jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Inkedattachment-3 (Large)_Ink.jpg
    Inkedattachment-3 (Large)_Ink.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9245 (Large).JPG
    IMG_9245 (Large).JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 79
Super nice pistol and great paper. Seems like the serial number suffix is so seldom included.

Don't tell me it was at the Asheville Gun Show last week.

Come too think about it. I believe I have seen this pistol rig. I saw a rig just like this on display at the Indy 1500 show back in September. I remember asking the dealer if he wanted too sell it. He was more or less looking for good offers from folks coming in. Ty, I almost took his info down for you. Was going too forward his information on this pistol too you due too like the capture paper stuff. But you got it away!

Great rig and good pictures as well! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys!

Ron, I am not quite happy with the photos. When I get some better photos I will post over there.

Military Rifle Journal
Back