Third Party Press

CE 41

49ereric

Old family friend showed me her dad’s old 8mm as she called it. CE 41 all matching from what I saw top to bottom and rear sight but Sporterized stock.
Wasn’t for sale and I just told her it had value. Nice to hold though.

Hopefully it hasnt been refinished or drilled and tapped
Nope.
Bluing wear on the bottom of the barrel where the stock once was.
Not pitted or rusted at all.
Not sure if she would sell at any point but
she said the kids didn’t hunt or seem interested.
Serial number is 1144

If it's just had the forend chopped off and nothing else, it's not too hard to put it back to a semblance of originality. If most of the original stock is salvageable, it's probably worth doing.

If it's just had the forend chopped off and nothing else, it's not too hard to put it back to a semblance of originality. If most of the original stock is salvageable, it's probably worth doing.
Had the sling hole filled in with wood paste long ago. Bluing on the receiver is well worn as well but to be expected.
Doubt she will ever sell it but I did ask her a few minutes ago.

Pun intended? lol it has probably taken some big bucks in its time. Many Veterans converted bring back rifles into deer guns, it was cheap at the time versus buying a new rifle.
I imagine her dad bought it in Northern Mn long ago when they were $49.95 cuz he was not a Veteran.

Old family friend showed me her dad’s old 8mm as she called it. CE 41 all matching from what I saw top to bottom and rear sight but Sporterized stock.
Wasn’t for sale and I just told her it had value. Nice to hold though.
So basically a bolt matching barelled action + trigger guard, and maybe a buttplate if they are lucky. That's about $600.

Sure. I was assuming that the metal is unmessed with, so rear sights intact. Still, about $600
Metal looked good just faded bluing where previously mentioned. Hope she changes her mind and sells it to me someday.
I told her $600 for sure but no more than $900 if dissembled and confirm all numbers match. I’m no expert either I told her.

Military Rifle Journal
Back